Sl0th

Question NVC to embassy

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello all,

Super exciting time, I just got an email that our nvc case is approve and forwarded to the embassy. Seems like I couldn’t create a login yet without the Invoice ID number which I requested already. Saying so I have some questions/advice/opinion answer. I have all my document gather as the petitioner such as Supporting financial documents, i134, w2, tax document. I plan to ship all the documents to my fiancée including copy of the i129f package along with document she need for the interview. The question is do I need to wait for the nvc letter and then send it to her? Or can I just ship her the package and the digital copy they sent us in the email is enough? I also have to send the uscis letter too correct? Other question just to ease my mind and make sure I got everything in order. I heard there suppose to be a package, should we wait for it or can we fill out the ds160 and pay the fees then schedule the interview correct? Assuming all the other stuff is gather such as my fiancée birth certificate, police report, and medical check is done. Or am I missing something? 

Thank You

Why are you sending a package? This could be sent digitally and your fiancé can print it out. That’s a normal way everyone is doing it.

48 minutes ago, Sl0th said:

I also have to send the uscis letter too correct?

Please keep the original for your records. You can send her a scan. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Why are you sending a package? This could be sent digitally and your fiancé can print it out. That’s a normal way everyone is doing it.

Please keep the original for your records. You can send her a scan. 

If I recall some embassy require original copy that is the only reason 

12 minutes ago, Sl0th said:

If I recall some embassy require original copy that is the only reason 

Does yours? I'd check first before wasting money on international shipping. I had my interview last week and I brought scanned copies. 

Just to clarify further:

1 hour ago, Sl0th said:

our nvc case is approve

1 hour ago, Sl0th said:

wait for the nvc letter

NVC doesn't approve anything. All it does is act as a "storage" place for K-1 petitions until the consulate requests it. The email from NVC you received that your case is on the way to the consulate is the only thing sent to you by NVC. From now on you wait for correspondence from the consulate. 

1 hour ago, Sl0th said:

Seems like I couldn’t create a login yet without the Invoice ID

Unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, Sl0th said:

I heard there suppose to be a package, should we wait for it or can we fill out the ds160 and pay the fees then schedule the interview correct?

People have different opinions on this. I personally waited until the consulate reached out to me first but I don't see harm in filling it out now. It's a lengthy application so why not get it out of the way now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.