SamarAndrew

NVC Expedite Requests timeframe

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an idea how long it take for the embassy to review your request. I just got my second response from the NVC which states:

Dear Sir/Madam:

We are reviewing your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition. We will notify you with the results when the review is complete.

Please note that only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests.

So I'm making the assumption they have forwarded my request to the Embassy in my wife's country. Any clues on how long this review will take?

4 hours ago, SamarAndrew said:

Does anyone have an idea how long it take for the embassy to review your request. I just got my second response from the NVC which states:

Dear Sir/Madam:

We are reviewing your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition. We will notify you with the results when the review is complete.

Please note that only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests.

So I'm making the assumption they have forwarded my request to the Embassy in my wife's country. Any clues on how long this review will take?

I got the same response on April 30, I submitted my expedite on April 15, called NVC yesterday and they told me they forwarded to the embassy in Santo Domingo on April 30, no decision on my expedite yet. 21 days and counting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I submitted two, and both times it took less than a week to receive a reply from the US Embassy... NVC on the other hand took over a week to respond. the second expedite was almost 2 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got my response 2 weeks after I submitted the request. And was told to wait in line and than 3 days later received and appointment letter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, EMX0731 said:

I submitted my request on May 15th and no update from NVC yet. My USC husband contacted HK Consulate but they said nothing they can do as they haven't received anything on my case yet. Any idea why just forwarding the case takes NVC so long?

Any Update on the status of your expedite? Did NVC already replied? 

On 6/2/2021 at 6:05 AM, EMX0731 said:

I submitted my request on May 15th and no update from NVC yet. My USC husband contacted HK Consulate but they said nothing they can do as they haven't received anything on my case yet. Any idea why just forwarding the case takes NVC so long?

I submitted my request on May 14th and I haven't received anything but the automatic reply from NVC. Did you get the email saying that they are reviewing your request at least?

On 6/15/2021 at 12:23 AM, Pinas77 said:

HK consulate just asked for my job transfer letter yesterday. It’s a long story. NVC only sent my request to the consulate after our senator emailed them and apparently didn’t mention my job offer. Then NVC emailed back the senator office saying my request is denied. My husband contacted HK consulate seperately and they agreed to take another look on my  request given they were not made aware of my job offer by NVC before. Now waiting for the consulate to come back. Finger crossed.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:23 AM, Pinas77 said:

Mine was approved yesterday

On 6/17/2021 at 5:25 AM, GN&PM said:

I submitted my request on May 14th and I haven't received anything but the automatic reply from NVC. Did you get the email saying that they are reviewing your request at least?

Never got email saying they are reviewing. But when I log in today there’s a note saying case is expedited and forwarded to post 

3 hours ago, EMX0731 said:

Mine was approved yesterday

Never got email saying they are reviewing. But when I log in today there’s a note saying case is expedited and forwarded to post 

Congrats on your approval!!

Last night I received an email from NVC saying that they are reviewing my request: 

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Please note that only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests."

I heard it may take 1 week or so to get a response which I pray it ill be good news 🙏

On 5/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Rachel&Mommy said:

I got the same response on April 30, I submitted my expedite on April 15, called NVC yesterday and they told me they forwarded to the embassy in Santo Domingo on April 30, no decision on my expedite yet. 21 days and counting

If they already responded, when they did it? To get an estimate on waiting time for my response please.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, GN&PM said:

If they already responded, when they did it? To get an estimate on waiting time for my response please.

Any Update on the status of your expedite? Did NVC already approve your request?  How long did they took to give you a response after your "We are reviewing your request" letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.