DIVITA

USCIS Denied I751 IMPROPERLY FILED HELPPP

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cristina24 said:

Hi there, I would like to check with you or anyone willing to reply to my message. I don’t wanna make a mistake with the filing fee. The website says $595 and the biometrics is $85. Do I write on the check 680? or is the bio metrics included in the 595? thank you ! 

Biometric fee is separate so you will need app fee 595 + biometric fee 85 = 680 total. One check of $680 addressed to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Note that if you have dependents then need to add biometric fee for each as well.

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 hours ago, DIVITA said:

What im concerned is why it was rejected?....and if maybe they needed more evidence do you know hiw to get a copy of that letter? Or where I can call or go to find out why it was returned?

Yours is rejected, not denied. In order for uscis to even start to request for more evidence, they need to accept the application first and cash the check, they don't review any supporting evidence without getting paid. They haven't even accepted and started to process your application, so it is definitely not to request evidence. As all others indicated, rejection is regarding initial evidence, it is either payment issues, or form. Have you used credit card? That's the most common rejection reason in terms of payment. Have you filed within your 90 day windows? Have you signed your form and put a date? Have you checked if you used the most up to date form? You can chat with uscis via Emma to find out but not all customer service rep answers it. You either wait for the letter if you are curious about the reason, or you can review all of the possible reasons, and send with a new dated/signed/filled form and new payment asap.

Edited by Huckleberry&Koala

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
17 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

It was rejected for improper filing, so it's not because they need more evidence.

You have to wait for the returned package to find out why your submission was rejected.

The most common reason for a rejection is sending in the I-751 before the 90 day window opens up.  What's the expiration date on your husband's green card?  When did you send in the I-751?  If you give us the exact dates, we can tell you if this is the problem.  

GC expires end of May 30 and they receive package March 1 they return April 8 as of today I still haven t received the package back 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

Yours is rejected, not denied. In order for uscis to even start to request for more evidence, they need to accept the application first and cash the check, they don't review any supporting evidence without getting paid. They haven't even accepted and started to process your application, so it is definitely not to request evidence. As all others indicated, rejection is regarding initial evidence, it is either payment issues, or form. Have you used credit card? That's the most common rejection reason in terms of payment. Have you filed within your 90 day windows? Have you signed your form and put a date? Have you checked if you used the most up to date form? You can chat with uscis via Emma to find out but not all customer service rep answers it. You either wait for the letter if you are curious about the reason, or you can review all of the possible reasons, and send with a new dated/signed/filled form and new payment asap.

I send a cashiers check and I went to uscis to get the latest I751 form I was looking over the package since I made a copy and all I can find I missed was "RACE" I didnt answer but thats all I found. I think the package got lost because they mailed it April 8 and its been over 20 days now. But I will start a new package again and go over everything. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.