7 posts in this topic

I went with my wife and kid. We checked In and waited about 3 hours before being seen. It turns out many immigration officers were out sick. Anyways the immigration officer just asked a few questions. Age, birthday, full name and ask the typical questions about ever being arrested. We did a small talk about how we met. We over looked our birth certificate and instead of bringing the originals we had copies. So the Immigration office said it was not a big deal as the department state had already verified it. She said everything look good but she has not received the K1 Packet so she couldnt make a decision. The office said the k1 packet should arrived next week and she will provide her decision then. 

So one note guys, bring original documents, don't do what we did. Bring as many original documents, they won't keep any and its just for verification purposes. 

Has anyone ever heard about the k1 packet being missing and still waiting for it to be delivered from another USIC office? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Abe009 said:

I went with my wife and kid. We checked In and waited about 3 hours before being seen. It turns out many immigration officers were out sick. Anyways the immigration officer just asked a few questions. Age, birthday, full name and ask the typical questions about ever being arrested. We did a small talk about how we met. We over looked our birth certificate and instead of bringing the originals we had copies. So the Immigration office said it was not a big deal as the department state had already verified it. She said everything look good but she has not received the K1 Packet so she couldnt make a decision. The office said the k1 packet should arrived next week and she will provide her decision then. 

So one note guys, bring original documents, don't do what we did. Bring as many original documents, they won't keep any and its just for verification purposes. 

Has anyone ever heard about the k1 packet being missing and still waiting for it to be delivered from another USIC office? 

It happens to the medical report all the time, which is the only thing that is needed for AOS

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It happens to the medical report all the time, which is the only thing that is needed for AOS

Do you know any worse case scenarios? We just found it weird that the officer said it should be there next week even though our interview has been delayed twice due to COVID. So by now the k1 packet should of been there. I guess we will see next week. 

A missing packet at the time of the interview is not an uncommon occurrence, unfortunately.

Once the packet arrives to your field office, it can still take a few days to get to your actual interviewing officer. 

We experienced this and in our specific case, the packet request was made right there, during the interview, which delayed the approval a month. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Abe009 said:

Do you know any worse case scenarios? We just found it weird that the officer said it should be there next week even though our interview has been delayed twice due to COVID. So by now the k1 packet should of been there. I guess we will see next week. 

Worst case us getting a new medical 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, Abe009 said:

What surprised me is that they didn't cancel your green card interview because of some unready paperwork for interview, my green card interview scheduled on March 2 was canceled just a day before interview( on March 1st), I got a call from a officer working at Seattle field office, she explained to me that they had to cancel interview because  some paperwork wasn't ready. Then later they rescheduled  my green card interview for April 28. I already went for interview and got passed right away, the officer even told me I would be issued a 10 years green card instead of 2 years green card, he told me my case was gonna proved in less than 2 days, which turned out to be true. He even told me that in about 2 weeks I should be able to receive my green card. BTW, my partner and I have been together for over 16 years, my K1 took over 3 years to get approved, my green card interview took over 2 years to get it done. And now I'm just waiting for my green card. In about 3 years I'll be able to take citizenship test to become American citizen.

Edited by Alienbiteme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.