Clairebear

How long do we have to wait for hardcopy of NOA1?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A few days to a week. Don't worry about it though, it doesn't really include any information you don't already have.

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

Thanks for your reply.

I agree but I guess I can’t receive hardcopy  letter of NOA2 next time. That’s why I am worry now 😕

Why won't you be able to receive the hard copy of the NOA2?

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

Timeline
Just now, Clairebear said:

I guess we lost hardcopy of NOA1. So it could happen again next time. 😕 it supposed to be in my fiancé's mailbox. We don’t know what is wrong with mail. Because we filled out right address. So worried 

It's only been a week, and they weren't all business days. Stay calm, it hasn't been long enough for it to be lost. It'll probably arrive in the next few days.

However, even if it doesn't, or if the NOA2 doesn't, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your case. The paper confirmations don't have any special meaning beyond the information you receive in a text or in your USCIS account.

3 minutes ago, hedgemaze said:

It's only been a week, and they weren't all business days. Stay calm, it hasn't been long enough for it to be lost. It'll probably arrive in the next few days.

However, even if it doesn't, or if the NOA2 doesn't, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your case. The paper confirmations don't have any special meaning beyond the information you receive in a text or in your USCIS account.

Thanks for your advice. I will wait patiently. Do we submit hardcopy of NOA2 for AOS? I heard that duplicate fee of NOA2 is 400-500 dollars. 😕 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just be patient. It's only been 5 business days. The NOA1 depends also on how fast the post office is working. There is no correlation between receiving the NOA1 letter and NOA2. You're also months away from the NOA2/AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 hours ago, Clairebear said:

Guys, how are you.

We got text of NOA1 on 04/15/2021.

I hear that it takes a week to receive hardcopy of NOA1.

How long will it take time to receive hardcopy of NOA1 by mail?

I need help and thank you for sharing experience. 

Mine took 7 days from my text to make it to my mailbox.  I had the mail scanning option enabled from my previous move in 2019 so I received the email that showed the scanned picture of the envelope.  This is going to be one of those things that you will be biting nails, sweating bullets and extremely concerned.  Suddenly, it will be in your mailbox.  
I am definitely excited for you to receive the notification though because you do have the case number now.  If, and I would wait a long time before you do is, you truly think your NOA-1 is lost, you can request the receipt document again.  But I would strongly caution you to not do this unless a month has passed since the notification.  You have your case # and you can track it.  Now is the time to sit back, relax and enjoy the present life.  You are on the journey!  Congratulations!!!

It seems like your living in South Korea? My NOA1 never made it to my mailbox in China. But I was able to see all of the documents online since that's were I submitted it but also the status checker will give you the latest information. Oddly enough my NOA2 did arrive in my mailbox but it took several weeks. As others had said you will be fine and will be able to track your status regardless if the letters make it to you.

4 hours ago, NandV said:

Just be patient. It's only been 5 business days. The NOA1 depends also on how fast the post office is working. There is no correlation between receiving the NOA1 letter and NOA2. You're also months away from the NOA2/AOS

Aww I didn’t know that. I guessed most people get NOA1 within 7 days. And I got NOA1 letter 9 hours ago! ☺️

3 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Mine took 7 days from my text to make it to my mailbox.  I had the mail scanning option enabled from my previous move in 2019 so I received the email that showed the scanned picture of the envelope.  This is going to be one of those things that you will be biting nails, sweating bullets and extremely concerned.  Suddenly, it will be in your mailbox.  
I am definitely excited for you to receive the notification though because you do have the case number now.  If, and I would wait a long time before you do is, you truly think your NOA-1 is lost, you can request the receipt document again.  But I would strongly caution you to not do this unless a month has passed since the notification.  You have your case # and you can track it.  Now is the time to sit back, relax and enjoy the present life.  You are on the journey!  Congratulations!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Yes, it suddenly showed up in my fiancé's mailbox 9 hours Wow! Thank you for your advice all the time, it always makes me feel better thanks! 🤩

14 minutes ago, Gdoggy1678 said:

It seems like your living in South Korea? My NOA1 never made it to my mailbox in China. But I was able to see all of the documents online since that's were I submitted it but also the status checker will give you the latest information. Oddly enough my NOA2 did arrive in my mailbox but it took several weeks. As others had said you will be fine and will be able to track your status regardless if the letters make it to you.

I heard that petitioner (U.S. citizen fiance) will receive most of letter! It took several weeks to get NOA2 letter? Is it average time? 😰 Thank you for information! 

2 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

I heard that petitioner (U.S. citizen fiance) will receive most of letter! It took several weeks to get NOA2 letter? Is it average time? 😰 Thank you for information! 

I am the US Petioner but currently not living in the US. If you are in the US it should often take about 1 week but there any many varying factors. But glad to see you got it! I hope for a fast and smooth approval process for you. :)

Timeline
7 hours ago, Clairebear said:

It is true.  The NOA-2 is the longer of the two receipts.  There is no pattern to receiving it.  This is the point where your US fiance will be waiting for months instead of weeks.  Greenbaum was posting links to this process, but he has not been online since sometime in February.  March and April k-1 Filers did not have those links at the beginning.  

This is the time where you both stay strong and continue with your lives.  I am currently waiting and just encouraging my fiancee as much as possible.  I am also visiting when I can, but there are no travel restrictions for Ukraine as of right now.  I should clarify, I can travel to Ukraine.  There are still tests for entry and exit, but I can travel.  I successfully traveled the end of March with no issues.  Stay strong!

Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 11:44 AM, Greenbaum said:

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together. Good luck because this is a lengthy process currently running 5-6 months from filing date for your NOA2 approval.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

Also, since your application will go through several background checks this is a primer on what goes on with the background process.

I know it really sucks, but the best way to get through this is to lower your expectations and try not to compare your timeline to anyone else's. Don't forget that the people here on Visa Journey represent a tiny percentage of all the petitions the CSC (California Service Center) must work through! When someone gets to your file, you'll hear from them. Stay busy, talk a lot with your fiancé about non-visa stuff, don't forget to hang out with your friends, take up a new hobby, go to a sporting event, and your time will come! Good luck

The explanation why is it taking so long.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/681798-august-2018-i-129f-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9558550126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg.53f2858978e9b62615476c1af4b4c109.jpeg

8 hours ago, Clairebear said:

Wrong order, but here is the link from Greenbaum for the K-1 I-129F process.  Actually this covers the visa process also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.