jdreyes

US Embassy Manila Interview 2021

65 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TerraceJW said:

My wife just got her visa in hand last night (May 12), we registered for the immigration seminar for tomorrow at 0900 for her, she got her covid test yesterday, I paid the immigration fee, and we booked her a flight for Friday morning so she'll be here Friday night if the Lord wills. Everything looks good so far. We got issued on May 7.

Btw what airline did you book? I haven’t been hearing good things about Philippine airlines so I’ve looked into connecting flights. Connecting flights seem to be more frequent and consistent from what I’ve noticed...

1 hour ago, TerraceJW said:

My wife just got her visa in hand last night (May 12), we registered for the immigration seminar for tomorrow at 0900 for her, she got her covid test yesterday, I paid the immigration fee, and we booked her a flight for Friday morning so she'll be here Friday night if the Lord wills. Everything looks good so far. We got issued on May 7.

That’s great! Congratulations! 🎉 Thanks for the update. Good luck! 😃 

2 minutes ago, Phil967 said:

Btw what airline did you book? I haven’t been hearing good things about Philippine airlines so I’ve looked into connecting flights. Connecting flights seem to be more frequent and consistent from what I’ve noticed...

We booked flights with ANA/United cuz they have two checked bags in the price basically and we wanted to get the shortest travel time. Her travel is 25 hours+

On 5/10/2021 at 6:35 PM, Phil967 said:

Any update on your visa? I got a hold of someone at the usem and all I got was that it is still in processing and “rest assured it will be delivered once it’s ready”.🤦🏽‍♂️

Hi @Phil967! Any updates? I called them yesterday and the agent said USEm already got my husband’s medical on April 12. There are just some delays. I asked her about the email we received regarding my husband’s refusal under 221(g) and she said maybe it was a computer glitch. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Until now its still a waiting game.

18 minutes ago, jdreyes said:

Hi @Phil967! Any updates? I called them yesterday and the agent said USEm already got my husband’s medical on April 12. There are just some delays. I asked her about the email we received regarding my husband’s refusal under 221(g) and she said maybe it was a computer glitch. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Until now its still a waiting game.

No updates. I’m planning on calling them again on Monday. Is your other half living outside of the ncr area? I don’t get why others are getting theirs really quick while we are basically a month and half with no update. I attached the recent YouTube video screenshot. Their aren’t any delays. Seems as if they are choosing who they want to release visas to. 

2E90C8C4-9DD8-439F-B643-07DB9CB5C13E.png

25 minutes ago, Phil967 said:

No updates. I’m planning on calling them again on Monday. Is your other half living outside of the ncr area? I don’t get why others are getting theirs really quick while we are basically a month and half with no update. I attached the recent YouTube video screenshot. Their aren’t any delays. Seems as if they are choosing who they want to release visas to. 

2E90C8C4-9DD8-439F-B643-07DB9CB5C13E.png

Yes he lives outside ncr. It took me 3hrs last night to get to an agent. If there’s still no change in our status by Monday, I’m gonna call them again too. This is so unacceptable. 

On 5/14/2021 at 12:35 PM, jdreyes said:

Yes he lives outside ncr. It took me 3hrs last night to get to an agent. If there’s still no change in our status by Monday, I’m gonna call them again too. This is so unacceptable. 

Hello again. Any updates? I was able to get through today but wasn’t told anything other than it’s still in processing. No other information as their access into the file is limited. 

7 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Hello again. Any updates? I was able to get through today but wasn’t told anything other than it’s still in processing. No other information as their access into the file is limited. 

Hi @Phil967! I called again last night and I was able to talk to a supervisor. My husband’s case was “Escalated to post”. We’ll see if it will be really escalated. Told him about expiring documents that can cause another delay. He said we will receive an update within 1-2 business days. Does it say “Ready” on your wife’s case?

5 minutes ago, jdreyes said:

Hi @Phil967! I called again last night and I was able to talk to a supervisor. My husband’s case was “Escalated to post”. We’ll see if it will be really escalated. Told him about expiring documents that can cause another delay. He said we will receive an update within 1-2 business days. Does it say “Ready” on your wife’s case?

No it’s still refused. I will definitely be calling again tonight if you were able to get a hold of a supervisor. The agents are useless. They claim to have little access to the case information. When did yours change to ready?

16 minutes ago, Phil967 said:

No it’s still refused. I will definitely be calling again tonight if you were able to get a hold of a supervisor. The agents are useless. They claim to have little access to the case information. When did yours change to ready?

It has been like that since before the interview. The agent was kind of giving me attitude that’s why I asked for a supervisor. Did you receive an email saying that the application was refused under section 221(g)? 

39 minutes ago, jdreyes said:

It has been like that since before the interview. The agent was kind of giving me attitude that’s why I asked for a supervisor. Did you receive an email saying that the application was refused under section 221(g)? 

No we did not receive any notice via email or snail mail of a 221g. According to the agent, this is normal processing time. However, I’ve been seeing a lot of people being interviewed in late April that have received their passports with visa back already. I will definitely be calling again today and if necessary, the days thereafter to speak to a supervisor. This is indeed an unacceptable delay.

7 hours ago, Phil967 said:

No we did not receive any notice via email or snail mail of a 221g. According to the agent, this is normal processing time. However, I’ve been seeing a lot of people being interviewed in late April that have received their passports with visa back already. I will definitely be calling again today and if necessary, the days thereafter to speak to a supervisor. This is indeed an unacceptable delay.

This is really unacceptable. The agent kept on saying that it is normal. But it is not. I’m not expecting them to respond in 1-2 business days. I doubt that. I’m gonna call again after 2 days..

Just an update on my case.  Wife finally has her passport back. 

What I think caused this 6 week delay: when I filled out the ustraveldocs profile, I had accidentally used my wife's OLD passport number.  So when it came time to get send the passport back, they, or the courier, were unable to look up the delivery address.  Once we figured this out, and changed it (and then made 20 more frustrating phone calls), the situation resolved.  

MAKE SURE YOU FILL OUT THAT DELIVERY PAGE PROPERLY.  DON'T BE TANGA LIKE ME.

1 hour ago, David Holmes said:

Just an update on my case.  Wife finally has her passport back. 

What I think caused this 6 week delay: when I filled out the ustraveldocs profile, I had accidentally used my wife's OLD passport number.  So when it came time to get send the passport back, they, or the courier, were unable to look up the delivery address.  Once we figured this out, and changed it (and then made 20 more frustrating phone calls), the situation resolved.  

MAKE SURE YOU FILL OUT THAT DELIVERY PAGE PROPERLY.  DON'T BE TANGA LIKE ME.

About how long did you wait from interview to “issued”?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.