jdreyes

US Embassy Manila Interview 2021

65 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Phil967 said:

About how long did you wait from interview to “issued”?

About a week.  Interview on Apr 1, email stating Issued on April 8.  Eventually got the passport on May 19!  I recognize that was partly my fault for entering the wrong information.   

On 5/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, jdreyes said:

This is really unacceptable. The agent kept on saying that it is normal. But it is not. I’m not expecting them to respond in 1-2 business days. I doubt that. I’m gonna call again after 2 days..

Hi again. Any updates?

2 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Hi again. Any updates?

Hi @Phil967. Our status changed to refused yesterday. 😔 Were you able to talk to a supervisor?

1 hour ago, jdreyes said:

Hi @Phil967. Our status changed to refused yesterday. 😔 Were you able to talk to a supervisor?

Nope. The agent told me they weren’t around. They said they would put in a request to escalate and email us after 1-2 days. I will call again tomorrow and request to speak with a supervisor. Our status has been in refused since April 13 which is 8 days after the interview.

20 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Nope. The agent told me they weren’t around. They said they would put in a request to escalate and email us after 1-2 days. I will call again tomorrow and request to speak with a supervisor. Our status has been in refused since April 13 which is 8 days after the interview.

That’s what they always say. We didn’t get any emails yet as to why ours got refused more than a month after the interview. 

1 hour ago, jdreyes said:

That’s what they always say. We didn’t get any emails yet as to why ours got refused more than a month after the interview. 

Refused is supposedly “administrative processing” from what I’ve researched. If you have the long message. There’s another denial message that is much shorter. It just shows that they actually made a move into the case as opposed to our case that remains untouched. I was told that it was endorsed to a higher up and to check back again another day. I got through to an agent again today after 2 days of waiting for a response. We did not receive a response so I called again today. 🤦🏽‍♂️

19 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Refused is supposedly “administrative processing” from what I’ve researched. If you have the long message. There’s another denial message that is much shorter. It just shows that they actually made a move into the case as opposed to our case that remains untouched. I was told that it was endorsed to a higher up and to check back again another day. I got through to an agent again today after 2 days of waiting for a response. We did not receive a response so I called again today. 🤦🏽‍♂️

We are waiting for further instructions. Your wife’s case should have been updated already. Its been almost 2 months already. 😬 I read that Admin Processing usually takes 60 days?

1 hour ago, Phil967 said:

Nope. Who was your husbands consular? I have a feeling that my wife and your husband had the same consular. She had a guy...what was your priority date also btw?

My husband had the female officer. 03/18/19 was ours. From F2A to CR1 to IR1 😅

7 minutes ago, Phil967 said:

But your husbands interview was April 5th? I’m still trying to figure why certain people get delayed and why others don’t. What 

Yes it was April 5th. 

Hi @Phil967. Just an update. Ours flipped to “Issued” on May 27. How about your wife’s case?

@TerraceJW, were you able to track the passport after it becomes “Issued” on CEAC?

20 minutes ago, jdreyes said:

Hi @Phil967. Just an update. Ours flipped to “Issued” on May 27. How about your wife’s case?

@TerraceJW, were you able to track the passport after it becomes “Issued” on CEAC?

No I wasn't. We called the delivery service and coordinated it with them and picked it up asap. It took like 1-2 for us to pick it up. I think the delivery service won't let you track it until they receive it from the embassy already. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.