jdreyes

US Embassy Manila Interview 2021

65 posts in this topic

Hi, anyone here had their interview recently? My husband had his interview on April 5 and was told that due to ECQ in Manila, his medical result was not sent to the embassy. He did his medical on March 25. The interview went well and approved but still waiting for the medical. I checked on CEAC tracker and the status still says “Ready” . Usually how long will it take for SLEC to forward the results to USEM? How do we contact USEM and to ask for the status? Thank you so much VJs! 

My wife had her interview on April 8. I called NVC and they told me the embassy did not receive her medical so we called SLEC and they told my wife they did send the medical in February after her sputum culture. Our case status on CEAC is stuck in the "refused" status for administrative processing. We emailed the embassy at ivmanilareplies@state.gov every day since Monday because that is the only way to contact them according to the clerk on the phone from the Manila embassy phone number. So far the embassy has had 0 contact with us since the interview and we are just waiting clueluessly.

13 hours ago, TerraceJW said:

My wife had her interview on April 8. I called NVC and they told me the embassy did not receive her medical so we called SLEC and they told my wife they did send the medical in February after her sputum culture. Our case status on CEAC is stuck in the "refused" status for administrative processing. We emailed the embassy at ivmanilareplies@state.gov every day since Monday because that is the only way to contact them according to the clerk on the phone from the Manila embassy phone number. So far the embassy has had 0 contact with us since the interview and we are just waiting clueluessly.

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience. We are still waiting and tried to email ivmanila too. What phone number did you use for SLEC? I had a hard time calling them before. We just want to make sure that the embassy got my husband’s medical. And is the medical valid only for 6 months? 

19 hours ago, jdreyes said:

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience. We are still waiting and tried to email ivmanila too. What phone number did you use for SLEC? I had a hard time calling them before. We just want to make sure that the embassy got my husband’s medical. And is the medical valid only for 6 months? 

The number I used is 703-520-2235 it's the extension for US callers. And normal medical expires within 6 months but sputum culture expires within 3 months.

Edited by TerraceJW

18 hours ago, TerraceJW said:

The number I used is 703-520-2235 it's the extension for US callers. And normal medical expires within 6 months but sputum culture expires within 3 months.

Thank you @TerraceJW..I hope we get updates soon! And also their visas..

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Phil967 said:

My wife also had her interview on April 5 with her medical completed the week before. Still showing refused on ceac even though she was told that they would receive their visas within 1-2 weeks🤦🏽‍♂️

Hi! Were you able to contact USEM?

8 minutes ago, jdreyes said:

Hi! Were you able to contact USEM?

Nope. Based on what you’ve said I’m assuming that the only thing that we can do is wait. I’ve read that it could take 60 days to complete administrative processing. Even though my wife and stepson were given the approval and the two pieces of paper. NO 221g OR EMAIL requesting more documents. Worst come to worst I’m thinking that we’ll have to hire an attorney and file something against the us embassy in Manila. 

10 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Nope. Based on what you’ve said I’m assuming that the only thing that we can do is wait. I’ve read that it could take 60 days to complete administrative processing. Even though my wife and stepson were given the approval and the two pieces of paper. NO 221g OR EMAIL requesting more documents. Worst come to worst I’m thinking that we’ll have to hire an attorney and file something against the us embassy in Manila. 

I hope we wouldn’t need to go that far and experience that kind of stress. lol We just keep on praying and wait for it. Keep me posted please. I hope they get their visa soon! Thank you! 

13 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Yeah I've seen two people with this problem get issued already but sadly we are still waiting and we only have until May 15 for her to leave. I have noticed they are updating the status every 3 or 4 days now but it is still refused for administrative processing. I'm starting to worry now that might have to retake the sputum culture. :(

Edited by TerraceJW
Typo

On 5/5/2021 at 2:58 AM, TerraceJW said:

Yeah I've seen two people with this problem get issued already but sadly we are still waiting and we only have until May 15 for her to leave. I have noticed they are updating the status every 3 or 4 days now but it is still refused for administrative processing. I'm starting to worry now that might have to retake the sputum culture. :(

Hi, any update on your Visa? 

On 5/5/2021 at 2:58 AM, TerraceJW said:

That’s messed up. Seems like they’re picking and choosing who they want to issue. I wouldn’t be surprised if they issue after the federal tax filing deadline...

@TerraceJW  My wife had her interview (and passed) on April 1.  On April 8 they sent us an email that her Visa had been marked ISSUED, but we never heard anything after that. We've tried calling all their phone numbers about 20 times. I check the email status (passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com) every day but it still says no status.  My wife is 6 months pregnant so we really need her to fly SOON.

Is there really nothing we can do?  This is Kafkaesque.

@Phil967Where did you read that it is taking 60 days?

p.s. It's slightly comforting to know that others are stuck in the same limbo; I was starting to think that they'd just lost the passport!

1 hour ago, David Holmes said:

@TerraceJW  My wife had her interview (and passed) on April 1.  On April 8 they sent us an email that her Visa had been marked ISSUED, but we never heard anything after that. We've tried calling all their phone numbers about 20 times. I check the email status (passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com) every day but it still says no status.  My wife is 6 months pregnant so we really need her to fly SOON.

Is there really nothing we can do?  This is Kafkaesque.

@Phil967Where did you read that it is taking 60 days?

p.s. It's slightly comforting to know that others are stuck in the same limbo; I was starting to think that they'd just lost the passport!

What we did is we emailed the embassy everyday until we got a response then we kept emailing them every 2 days or what. You can email ivmanilareplies@state.gov and Support-Philippines@UStraveldocs.com the first email is the old one, it will send an auto reply to their website where you can submit and inquiry form. The second email is the new one for questions. Ours finally got issued after I called the embassy and demanded to talk to a supervisor, he helped us get it issued after 3 weeks of waiting. If you are calling from the US you can call the embassy at 703-520-2235.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.