5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello,

I will file F2A for 2 of my children. Do I have to file 2 separates petitions for them amd pay 2 USCIS fee?

Thank you!

04/21/2021: Start application for my sons-F2A

04/22/2021: Received NOA1 online

06/04/2021: Approved

06/11/2021: NVC have case numbers

06/13/2021: Pay case for 2 cases

06/18/2021: AOS and IV documents submitted. Waiting for NVC to DQ (Document Qualified)

06/22/2021: Approved to add household member income (hit 2 months mark since application started )

08/18/2021: Approved on documents submitted (AOS and household member) and has to submit W2 and tax return of my household member

11/12/2021: 1 son DQ, the other one need more qualified income? Income above 125%...wonder if it is NVC mistake

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes, you must file separate I-130 for each child and pay separate fees.  There will be two cases.  Everything is separate even if you send them in together to USCIS.  One may get approved before the other.  At the NVC, you can request the cases be linked so they can have their visa interviews at the same time.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

Yes, you must file separate I-130 for each child and pay separate fees.  There will be two cases.  Everything is separate even if you send them in together to USCIS.  One may get approved before the other.  At the NVC, you can request the cases be linked so they can have their visa interviews at the same time.  

great info. thank you!

04/21/2021: Start application for my sons-F2A

04/22/2021: Received NOA1 online

06/04/2021: Approved

06/11/2021: NVC have case numbers

06/13/2021: Pay case for 2 cases

06/18/2021: AOS and IV documents submitted. Waiting for NVC to DQ (Document Qualified)

06/22/2021: Approved to add household member income (hit 2 months mark since application started )

08/18/2021: Approved on documents submitted (AOS and household member) and has to submit W2 and tax return of my household member

11/12/2021: 1 son DQ, the other one need more qualified income? Income above 125%...wonder if it is NVC mistake

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would assume that you are LPR since your case is F2a.You dont need to file 2 separate I-130 for your children. They are automatic derivatives to the principal beneficiary. Not unless you are an American citizen, then you need to file separate for your children.

On 4/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, delish said:

You dont need to file 2 separate I-130 for your children. They are automatic derivatives to the principal beneficiary.

Based on the first post, it seems that the children are the principal beneficiaries, not derivatives.  So, 2 separate petitions are required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.