Klara27

Very worried: I-129f sent March 4th - no updates.

28 posts in this topic

???? Normal processing time is 60-90 days right now.  

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

4 hours ago, Klara27 said:

Nope. 3 weeks currently.

Do you have an official source for that info?

USCIS announced on their website that there may be a 4 to 6 week delay in sending receipt notice for filings sent to their lockbox facilities -- https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-lockbox-updates

3 hours ago, Klara27 said:

If you look at the case-tracker app you can see that applications are being handled within 3 weeks of being received. I am fully aware of what the USCIS website says. The link you provided is from 1/8 and therefore not up to date with the current progression. 

You sent in a second petition? There is another person who also sent in another petition because the first one was taking to long to be processed. They approved both of the petitions. Two different  receipt numbers and two different NOA2 dates. She is trying to withdraw one of them now but  I’m not sure if she was able to. If I can find her case I’ll let you know what the update is

Thank you, that is very nice of you. 

We don't really have a choice but to send in two. At this point there is no way they have it. They are processing applications from April 3rd and we haven't even had money withdrawn. 

We did talk to an USCIS advisor before doing it, and he said if they got two they would call us and let us know.. but I guess not? 

I wonder if it matters that they have two applications and two case numbers. In the end there'll only be one visa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Klara27 said:

Thank you, that is very nice of you. 

We don't really have a choice but to send in two. At this point there is no way they have it. They are processing applications from April 3rd and we haven't even had money withdrawn. 

We did talk to an USCIS advisor before doing it, and he said if they got two they would call us and let us know.. but I guess not? 

I wonder if it matters that they have two applications and two case numbers. In the end there'll only be one visa. 

Unfortunately, i have seen cases be assigned to the previous month at the same time as the current month waiting.  So when i was watching the cases approve for January, there was a december that snuck in (and this was in March because at that time we were 6-8 weeks behind at least, sometimes longer).  So unless it was lost in the mail, it will probably be assigned a case # within the next couple weeks and then this new one will be assigned within a couple months.  The assigning process can change at any given moment, so i would keep that in mind.  Also, when you are on the road to the NOA-2, sign up for email updates via the USCIS site, but I would avoid checking case # tracking apps because it does not follow the FIFO rule at that point.  Stay strong as you are on the road!

5 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Unfortunately, i have seen cases be assigned to the previous month at the same time as the current month waiting.  So when i was watching the cases approve for January, there was a december that snuck in (and this was in March because at that time we were 6-8 weeks behind at least, sometimes longer).  So unless it was lost in the mail, it will probably be assigned a case # within the next couple weeks and then this new one will be assigned within a couple months.  The assigning process can change at any given moment, so i would keep that in mind.  Also, when you are on the road to the NOA-2, sign up for email updates via the USCIS site, but I would avoid checking case # tracking apps because it does not follow the FIFO rule at that point.  Stay strong as you are on the road!

Yeah that’s what I’ve seen as well. Eventually he’ll need to call them and straighten it out though when they both get processed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a reminder that the K-1 (or any visa) process is a very long road. I know it's hard, but don't stress about progress updates this soon into the process (our NOA1 took 3 months). Long waits are normal, and the NOA1 is just the beginning.

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, hedgemaze said:

Just a reminder that the K-1 (or any visa) process is a very long road. I know it's hard, but don't stress about progress updates this soon into the process (our NOA1 took 3 months). Long waits are normal, and the NOA1 is just the beginning.

In hindsight, I found it strangely beneficial that our NOA1 took 3 months. Because when we finally got it, it meant 3 months of waiting was done whilst waiting for NOA1 itself. 

But you're right, the wait time for this entire process is crazy! I am such an efficient, organised person too, I wish I could go to USCIS and organise them lol. 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

In hindsight, I found it strangely beneficial that our NOA1 took 3 months. Because when we finally got it, it meant 3 months of waiting was done whilst waiting for NOA1 itself. 

This is how we all need to be.  100%.  I basically vowed not to give estimates to my fiancee so she can focus on the present.  I will encourage her when she inquires, but until that NOA-2 is received, I do not volunteer any information.  She only knows that it is in process here in the states and we talk about future steps every once in a while.

While I appreciate all of your comments and I completely agree that patience is our best weapon, there is no way at this point it has not got lost in mail. It may be true that the app isn't entirely correct, but everyone in the March filer threat have, at this point, gotten their NOA1s. We have still to this day not heard a single thing. 

And yes, a couple of months ago, when the pandemic was a lot worse, it did indeed take months before people got their NOA1s - now the situation in completely different and the processing time according to the app and according to people who sent in their applications in March, is three weeks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.