Carlas10

Confused on documents needed for interview

22 posts in this topic

We finally have an interview date set. And the consulate sent the letter and it described that my husband needs the original birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport and d260 confirmation page.  And that is it. Now, I’ve been prepping a folder with my tax return transcripts, copies of our passports. I’ve been going off the pre interview check list. Which has a lot more documents needed for interview date. I’m nervous that he will get there and not have everything he needs. And I’m not sure how to mail these documents to DR without them getting lost. Anybody have experience with this can give me some insight. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Carlas10 said:

We finally have an interview date set. And the consulate sent the letter and it described that my husband needs the original birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport and d260 confirmation page.  And that is it. Now, I’ve been prepping a folder with my tax return transcripts, copies of our passports. I’ve been going off the pre interview check list. Which has a lot more documents needed for interview date. I’m nervous that he will get there and not have everything he needs. And I’m not sure how to mail these documents to DR without them getting lost. Anybody have experience with this can give me some insight. 

The other documents are either part of the I-130 package or were uploaded to NVC as part of AOS and IV.  The consulate has access to those documents.

2 hours ago, Carlas10 said:

If you are in the US, you can mail all the paperwork to your husband via EPS company shipping. He will receive them in 4 or 5 days. He need to create an account on EPS website, they will give him an ID and the Miami address, the same thing when people in the DR buy stuff outside the country. If you need help inbox me. He need to bring  evidence for the interview like pictures,  hotel receipts, transcript whatsapp messages, flight receipts etc... 

Congratulations on your husband interview. Hope everything goes smooth, you can send the documents through UPS it is very reliable.

-Aren't petitioner allow in the embassy in DR? 

I'm petitioning my mother and hoping to go with her to the interview.

- May I know when you submitted your documents on CEAC? I saw your timeline just making sure because it says February 2021, and I you guys already have the interview scheduled that means DR embassy is not backlogged which is extremely wonderful.

On 4/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, Rachel&Mommy said:

Congratulations on your husband interview. Hope everything goes smooth, you can send the documents through UPS it is very reliable.

-Aren't petitioner allow in the embassy in DR? 

I'm petitioning my mother and hoping to go with her to the interview.

- May I know when you submitted your documents on CEAC? I saw your timeline just making sure because it says February 2021, and I you guys already have the interview scheduled that means DR embassy is not backlogged which is extremely wonderful.

Thank you! Yes I’m praying his interview goes smooth. Applied for I-130 July 2020. Approved Jan. 30. Sent to NVC Feb2. Case created Feb3. Paid fees on Feb. 4th. Submitted documents to NVC Feb 22. Approved Feb 24th. March 10th filed expedite due to medical reason. Approved April  6th. 

They say they are working hard to get interviews scheduled. The document says one person is allowed to assist. But I’m not required to be at the interview. I hope you are able to get your mom here soon. 

7 hours ago, Hartj19@yahoo.com said:

How long have you been waiting for your interview. I been waiting since may Applied for I-130 July 2020. Approved Jan. 30. Sent to NVCFeb2. Case created Feb3. Paid fees on Feb. 4th. Submitted documents to NVC Feb 22. Approved Feb 24th. March 10thfiled expedite due to medical reason. Approved April  6th. 

Applied for I-130 July 2020. Approved Jan. 30. Sent to NVCFeb2. Case created Feb3. Paid fees on Feb. 4th. Submitted documents to NVC Feb 22. Approved Feb 24th. March 10th filed expedite due to medical reason. I thought the process for filing for the expedite was going to be difficult but it wasn’t. I sent it through the public inquiry portal. Wrote why and attached one document of my diagnosis. Not sure if that’s how it normally goes but it worked for me. We were Approved for the expedite April  6th. Interview is scheduled on the 28th. 

4 hours ago, Carlas10 said:

Thank you! Yes I’m praying his interview goes smooth. Applied for I-130 July 2020. Approved Jan. 30. Sent to NVC Feb2. Case created Feb3. Paid fees on Feb. 4th. Submitted documents to NVC Feb 22. Approved Feb 24th. March 10th filed expedite due to medical reason. Approved April  6th. 

They say they are working hard to get interviews scheduled. The document says one person is allowed to assist. But I’m not required to be at the interview. I hope you are able to get your mom here soon. 

Thanks for your answer and best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 1:23 PM, LoriDisla said:

When were you documentarily qualified? I have been since July of 2020. No sign of an interview yet!

Document qualified in Feb. We had interview yesterday!  And approved.Try to file for an expedite . It’s the only way. They say they are only doing 15 interviews per day and emergencies get the priority. 

Update husband had interview yesterday the only documents he needed was his passport, police certificate, marriage license and his birth certificate. He had all the documents on the pre interview checklist and the translated copies and they didn’t need it they told him. I’m was shocked. I went through a lot trying to organize and get all of the documents on that list. 

3 hours ago, Carlas10 said:

Document qualified in Feb. We had interview yesterday!  And approved.Try to file for an expedite . It’s the only way. They say they are only doing 15 interviews per day and emergencies get the priority. 

Wow! Congrats. I have already attempted to file for expedite. Actually, three times! Always denied! Did you get your appointment through expedite?

11 hours ago, Carlas10 said:

Update husband had interview yesterday the only documents he needed was his passport, police certificate, marriage license and his birth certificate. He had all the documents on the pre interview checklist and the translated copies and they didn’t need it they told him. I’m was shocked. I went through a lot trying to organize and get all of the documents on that list. 

Congratulations. You don't need translations if the interview will be held in your country of birth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.