ms514

How Long Before AR-11 Gets In The USCIS System

13 posts in this topic

Hi Again:

I am wondering if anyone knows how long it takes from someone filing an AR-11 online to it incorporating the change of address information into the USCIS database. Is it instant, or does it take a few days?

Thanks for any help you could provide in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you expect the AR-11 or I-865 to change the mailing address for paperwork for a pending AOS, I would not rely on it.

If AOS pending, call USCIS and get the address changed with them, and call them a day of so later to confirm the address change.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

This is more for the green card I am hoping to get after the AOS interview. Basically, I have been extended an offer in another state for work and I am inclined to take. But of course, the USCIS decides to make the interview date RIGHT BEFORE I move. I have no confirmed address to inform USCIS with. So basically, I will have to do the interview, send in the AR-11 and I-865, call USCIS, confirm the change and hope that the USPS forwards the green card over to the new address.

Ah well, one step at a time...let's get the interview over with first and hope she gets that green card. If not...well, the U.K. is starting to look like a real good place to settle down.

:wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Don't rely on the online change of address. What happen to me: I changed the address online, got the number, make a call (as suggested on the form) to notify them also. I got the confirmation by letter my address has changed. Then, a month later, I still got NOA on my previous address! Luckily we notified the post office on the previous city and they forwarded all our mails to the new address.

I called the USCIS again and this time she sent me AR-11 by mail. I hope they got it right this time...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Don't rely on the online change of address. What happen to me: I changed the address online, got the number, make a call (as suggested on the form) to notify them also. I got the confirmation by letter my address has changed. Then, a month later, I still got NOA on my previous address! Luckily we notified the post office on the previous city and they forwarded all our mails to the new address.

I called the USCIS again and this time she sent me AR-11 by mail. I hope they got it right this time...

Dont rely on US post office to forward the mail from USCIS, they usually mark the envelopes return service requested, which usually causes them to return un-deliverable mail to USCIS.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hmmm...then Premium Mail Forwarding Service seems appropriate then. One of its stipulations is:

"Customers can have all their mail delivered to a temporary address for a minimum of two weeks up to a maximum of one year. All mail is reshipped regardless of mailpiece endorsements."

http://www.usps.com/receive/premiumforward...dconditions.htm

So even if it says return service requested, I guess the Green Card will be forwarded. I could probably sign up for a 3 month service (and pay a lot for it, yes, but at least it would get there) and if it is still not produced by then, the AR-11 should have kicked in by then.

Edited by ms514

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When exactly will you have your new apartment/house address? I know you are not moving until right after the interview but if you know where you are living (the new place) before the interview, you could submit the AR-11 & I-865 just before the interview and bring the online confirmation of AR-11 and the receipt for the I-865 (FedEx the I-865) with you to the interview and have them check on the address (they can check on and update your pending petitions there at the interview I believe).

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Sounds like a good plan misa. Thank you and everyone else who has offered help and has been patient. Just getting those butterflies as the interview approaches...with the annoying "What if you get denied" voice in the back of my mind..have almost all the paperwork ready except an employment letter from current (soon to be ex) employer and the new contract.

Sigh...more grinding of the teeth... :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Sounds like a good plan misa. Thank you and everyone else who has offered help and has been patient. Just getting those butterflies as the interview approaches...with the annoying "What if you get denied" voice in the back of my mind..have almost all the paperwork ready except an employment letter from current (soon to be ex) employer and the new contract.

Sigh...more grinding of the teeth... :wacko:

Glad you started this thread. I too am moving the day AFTER my interview, but within the same city. I was going to take the AR11 to the interview, but I guess I better do as discussed here. Also by you posting this question, I see there is another form I need to possibly fill out (need to see what the I865 is for). muchas gracias and good luck with your situation. When is your interview?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Maggie724, I think this is what the forum is all about...helping each other out. So thanks to everyone for all you do. The I-865 is a form filled by sponsors who fill out the I-864 to tell the USCIS that they have moved.

Interview is August 2nd at 1 PM in Newark, NJ.

Edited by ms514

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Maggie724, I think this is what the forum is all about...helping each other out. So thanks to everyone for all you do. The I-865 is a form filled by sponsors who fill out the I-864 to tell the USCIS that they have moved.

Interview is August 2nd at 1 PM in Newark, NJ.

MS, as an FYI, I just had the most amazing thing happen...I called USCIS, waited like 30 seconds, got a NICE lady, who told me we need to do both the online address change and the AR11. She said they will not change the address in the system until the move is complete, so be sure to file after you move (I'm going to move a box into my new house on Weds so I can honestly say I live there! :lol: ) So be sure you do both things to cover all bases.

Yes I know the forum is supposed to be helpful, but you know how things can get around here! :whistle:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.