Ken and Elena

Not getting married. No money to send her back.

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Why would they even consider staying here illegaly if they are still in love. Sounds strange to me. Do it right or dont do it at all. What if they dont get married, she becomes out of status and latter on when the couple does

"make thier mind up" they will be running the risk of haiving bans or have to file waivers. Or could get stuck in a visa journey nightmare. Just beause you had a free and smooth ride the first time does not mean it will be the same the 2nd time around. Why make your process more complicated than what it is? With the way immigration is coming down on people every where and people getting doported why would you want to put your self through all that mess.?What if shes caught in a raid latter on? Many companies are having raids and they are checking the documentation of all their employees....if she does not have the correct papers to work and is out of status, she will get deoported and and banned. If they are not ready to get married she should just return before she gets baned to avoid complications in the future.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwaguy,

Me either. I don't think it's a possibility.

In any event I wouldn't ask the question of a USCIS person, I'd ask it of an immigration attorney.

Yodrak

Actually this is probably the best choice, honesty is the best policy and all that.

Immigration may extend her k1 if theres a chance of working it out, or thay may offer some other solutions we don't know.

I have never read or heard this happening... anybody else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[Here are more details on the situation. They both love each other, and hope that there can be a marriage in the future. A marriage is just not possible prior to the 90 days. A series of bad events took place and the situation is difficult for them even though they still want to be together.

If possible they would like her to stay in the US to see if the problems resolve themselves. Because of the 90 time limit, they both understand that she must go back to Russia. They can accept the fact she must go back legally, but there is no money for a plane ticket. Someone suggested going and telling the Govnt the situation, and asking what to do. What office, were they speaking of specifically?

Lots of posts, and just trying to catch up on them.

They are not trying to do anything illegally. They just don’t have the money for the ticket back, and can not get married right now

If they both still love each other and still want to get married but are unable to do so within the 90 days allowed on the K1 then they still have the option of getting married after the 90 days and filling for AOS along with an I-130.... that way she will not have to return to her own country... it would be best if they got married before she had overstayed by 180 days but if that is not possible then she can still file for AOS with I-130 but just dont leave the US until you have the Greencard..... overstays are forgiven if you are married to a USC, so once she had her greencard there would be no bans...

Kez

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

See first sentence in Post #2 if they think a marriage will occur someday.... a situation that might deserve legal consult as well.....

YMMV

Timeline
Explan the 180 days please. Is it 180 days from the issue of the visa (from when she entered the USA), or is it 180 days AFTER the 90 day visa expires?

180 days of accumulated overstay

YMMV

Explan the 180 days please. Is it 180 days from the issue of the visa (from when she entered the USA), or is it 180 days AFTER the 90 day visa expires?

180 days after the I-94 expires (90 days following entry) = total 270 days.

But, it's important to note that overstay days are cumulative. They don't go away -- so an overstay now of 179 days and an overstay on the next trip of only 2 days will incur the ban.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

Sounds crazy that someone would import a wife and not even have the ability to scrape up enough money for a plane ticket.

Not a friend who will lend him money?

Nothing of value to sell?

Doesn't sound to me like they need an extension to get things settled... unless it's like 10 years.

If she stays she can join the 12 million other people here, nobody seems to be interested in sending them back, in fact people on both sides of the political spectrum seem to praise these immigrants for just wanting a "good life". Does anyone doubt sooner or later she would be covered under a future amnesty Bill?

Until that happens there would be no visits home and she would have to "Live in the shadows" ....(whatever that means).

But I would not worry to much, there are a whole bunch of people "Living in the shadows" who are doing pretty good especially when you consider they don't even speak english and have only been here a few years. (In my area anyway)

If I had nothing in Russia to go home to I would just stay here, start a cash business like hanging wall-paper or some such business and get on with life, millions have done it and we seem to admire them for it.

There is a very good chance within 5 years you and all the others will get amnesty once they get

the wrinkles worked out.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Sounds crazy that someone would import a wife and not even have the ability to scrape up enough money for a plane ticket.

Not a friend who will lend him money?

Nothing of value to sell?

Doesn't sound to me like they need an extension to get things settled... unless it's like 10 years.

If she stays she can join the 12 million other people here, nobody seems to be interested in sending them back, in fact people on both sides of the political spectrum seem to praise these immigrants for just wanting a "good life". Does anyone doubt sooner or later she would be covered under a future amnesty Bill?

Until that happens there would be no visits home and she would have to "Live in the shadows" ....(whatever that means).

But I would not worry to much, there are a whole bunch of people "Living in the shadows" who are doing pretty good especially when you consider they don't even speak english and have only been here a few years. (In my area anyway)

If I had nothing in Russia to go home to I would just stay here, start a cash business like hanging wall-paper or some such business and get on with life, millions have done it and we seem to admire them for it.

There is a very good chance within 5 years you and all the others will get amnesty once they get

the wrinkles worked out.

:o

Timeline

I both laughed at that post, and also felt the reality of it. The couple doesn't want to be in a situation where they are illegal. They still have a little time to figure things out.

Posting here in the forum was their best bet at learning good information, and possible suggestions for continuing the relationship legally here in the states.

There are a several reasons why they "can't" get married before the 90 visa is up. Much of it is financial on the part of the US petitioner. Anything he borrows from friends or family, he would prefer it to be for basics such as food, roof over head, that kind of thing.

You all basically confirmed that there is nothing legally they can do for her to stay after the 90 days, they will just have to hope that something improves and they they can get married sooner rather than later. So that they can be together here in the US.

They don't want to be a statistic... (of the 12 million variety).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a question for academic sake: someone mentioned marrying AFTER the 90 days and that not being a game-over violation? How's that? I thought if married on day 91 or 98, that was bad news?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline
Just a question for academic sake: someone mentioned marrying AFTER the 90 days and that not being a game-over violation? How's that? I thought if married on day 91 or 98, that was bad news?

Bad news for adjusting status from K-1. If you read the posts it indicates the requirement of a brand new petition.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Bad news for adjusting status from K-1. If you read the posts it indicates the requirement of a brand new petition.

Correct, Filing I-130 along with I-485. Additional fees involved (I-130 petition).

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.