BFTE

N400 Question - location in system

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a question. So I have my I751 interview early next week and my N400 is waiting to be scheduled for an interview. I filed online.

I was wondering if for online filers, the case is accessible at the local office, or does NBC print it out and send it to the local office, like they do with paper-printed files?

Just trying to prepare myself for a possible combo-interview, even though I am not expecting it.

Does anybody know or is this one of the USCIS secrets? And what do you guys think the odds would be for a combo interview?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
42 minutes ago, BFTE said:

Just trying to prepare myself for a possible combo-interview, even though I am not expecting it.

Why aren't you expecting it?

42 minutes ago, BFTE said:

Does anybody know or is this one of the USCIS secrets? And what do you guys think the odds would be for a combo interview?

Odds are high. The snafu might be that an inept IO doesn't prepare for you case and doesn't realize from your green card that you must have a pending I-751. So an inept IO case worker won't have read you I-751 file.

Bring your spouse regardless.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Why aren't you expecting it?

Odds are high. The snafu might be that an inept IO doesn't prepare for you case and doesn't realize from your green card that you must have a pending I-751. So an inept IO case worker won't have read you I-751 file.

Bring your spouse regardless.

I am not expecting it, because it is my I-751 that is scheduled, not the N400. So it's the other way around. If it was my N400 being scheduled, I would definitely have expected it.

My I751 was filed on paper, my N400 online, and it's in line for an interview to be scheduled. I was wondering if USCIS would be capable to access my N400 on their systems since I filed it online, and therefore wouldn't have to wait for any papers to come in? I am studying for the N400 questions, just in case. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, BFTE said:

I am not expecting it, because it is my I-751 that is scheduled, not the N400. So it's the other way around. If it was my N400 being scheduled, I would definitely have expected it.

My I751 was filed on paper, my N400 online, and it's in line for an interview to be scheduled. I was wondering if USCIS would be capable to access my N400 on their systems since I filed it online, and therefore wouldn't have to wait for any papers to come in? I am studying for the N400 questions, just in case. 

Ah, I misread your OP. I'd say zero chance of a combo interview unless your N-400 gets scheduled before your interview. Even then, not likely.

You only have 1 file. And you have 2 petitions. It is very well possible that both petitions are in your file already. Depending on local office you may or may not get a combo interview. Never hurts to prep for the N400 al you really need extra is to study the 100 questions for the N400.

15 minutes ago, Fr8dog said:

You only have 1 file. And you have 2 petitions. It is very well possible that both petitions are in your file already. Depending on local office you may or may not get a combo interview. Never hurts to prep for the N400 al you really need extra is to study the 100 questions for the N400.

Thank you. I am and have thoroughly prepared for a possible N400.

I am hoping it will be combined. The post below was from another VJ-member that had his I751 in the exact Field Office as mine is, very similar situation.

He arrived for his I751 and asked if they could do N400 as well. After the I751 the officer agreed to and they even had same day oath.

That post is where I am kind of basing my hope off. I am thinking of asking (because why not?) and will see what happens.

I checked with USCIS and my N400 is waiting to be scheduled. I filed online. So I hope they can access my N400 and hopefully will combine. However if not, I'll just have to wait a little longer. But am preparing for N400 as well, just in case! 

I became a citizen today! Filed my N400 on 12/29/2020, had my interview today 03/30/2021.

I was initially scheduled for my I-751 but once in the room I inquired about my N400 and asked if they could conduct that one today as well.

They agreed, they did my N400 interview after they approved my I751 on the spot and I had a same-day oath ceremony as well.

Extremely happy that the journey ends for me here. Thanks Visajourney for all the help! Thank you @Fr8dog as well!

1 minute ago, Fr8dog said:

Congrats, now the fun of maintaining your Dutch nationality begins.

Is it that hard, haha? It's still good for another 3 years ;).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.