Najeeb ullah

Passport returned because didn't have original police certificate

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI everyone i had an interview in islamabad embassy yesterday march 18 2021, the interview went well but at the end the CO asked if i lived anywhere other than pakistan which i did, i told hime i lived in London he asked for the original police certificate from UK which i applied for on 24 Feb 2021 but got delayed in the post so the CO told me to submit the certificate when i get it and post the passport along with the certificate, he said i don't have to come again for an interview just post the certificate when i get it along with my passport and we will process the case further, i got the certificate after 30minutes of my interview and i posted the certificate along with my passport as instructed. is it a good sign or bad? any help would be much appreciated. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

It's a good sign when they ask to keep your passport.  

The CO gave my passport back and asked to post it back along with the certificate when i get it, 

1 minute ago, Najeeb ullah said:

how long do you think it will take for them to make a decision? 

May be awhile since it's Pakistan.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

May be awhile since it's Pakistan.

But the whole interview went really well, only one document was missing which i provided the same day, 

1 minute ago, Najeeb ullah said:

But the whole interview went really well, only one document was missing which i provided the same day, 

It seems like you are wanting people to tell you that you will be approved soon, but no one can really tell. Considering it is Pakistan, you should expect a long period of Administrative Processing. This can be days, weeks, months, and in some cases years.

Timeline
Just now, Marieke H said:

It seems like you are wanting people to tell you that you will be approved soon, but no one can really tell. Considering it is Pakistan, you should expect a long period of Administrative Processing. This can be days, weeks, months, and in some cases years.

no i just wanted to know if someone been through the same situation, you are right no one can tell. i just wanted to know if this is a good sign or bad. thank you for your help anyway.

9 minutes ago, Najeeb ullah said:

no i just wanted to know if someone been through the same situation, you are right no one can tell. i just wanted to know if this is a good sign or bad. thank you for your help anyway.

You want to know whether its a good sign or bad sign that they wanted a police certificate from a place where you previously lived?  It's neither.  It's a standard requirement.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

You want to know whether its a good sign or bad sign that they wanted a police certificate from a place where you previously lived?  It's neither.  It's a standard requirement.

No man, the CO returned the passport during the interview and asked me to post it along with the police certificate. i have some people say if the CO return your passport its not a good sign, but in my case it was posted back the same day as i got the certificate in the mail after my interview and i posted it to the embassy. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It's a good sign that they asked you to post your passport to them.  They need your passport to put the visa inside of it.  If they were going to deny your visa, they wouldn't need your passport.

Generally, returning the passport at the interview when no further information is being asked for is bad because they don't intend to put a visa inside of it.  Your case is different.  You were missing a document so that was why you got your passport back.  Now, they want your passport.  That is a very good thing.  

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

It's a good sign that they asked you to post your passport to them.  They need your passport to put the visa inside of it.  If they were going to deny your visa, they wouldn't need your passport.

Generally, returning the passport at the interview when no further information is being asked for is bad because they don't intend to put a visa inside of it.  Your case is different.  You were missing a document so that was why you got your passport back.  Now, they want your passport.  That is a very good thing.  

Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.