Jump to content

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Country: Nepal
Timeline

Our case was approved and i wanted to share what we sent in just in case any new filers are uncertain they have enough:

 

-4 pages of scanned 4x6's from various trips, the wedding, honeymoon

-Notice of adding spouse as life insurance beneficiary

-marriage certificate (native/translated versions and certificate of a local notary)

 

one thing we were uncertain about is for petitioners proof they ask for birth certificate or passport. i only submitted first two pages of my passport, when many FAQs said to send entire scanned passport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We use to have to scan all passport pages  /  this is no longer necessary as most countries now have all travel info in a computer system 

It only gets more complicated when a person has dual citizenship and uses both country's passports

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

We use to have to scan all passport pages  /  this is no longer necessary as most countries now have all travel info in a computer system 

It only gets more complicated when a person has dual citizenship and uses both country's passports

 

 

 

Thank you for the insight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, banu2019 said:

Our case was approved and i wanted to share what we sent in just in case any new filers are uncertain they have enough:

 

-4 pages of scanned 4x6's from various trips, the wedding, honeymoon

-Notice of adding spouse as life insurance beneficiary

-marriage certificate (native/translated versions and certificate of a local notary)

 

one thing we were uncertain about is for petitioners proof they ask for birth certificate or passport. i only submitted first two pages of my passport, when many FAQs said to send entire scanned passport

Do you know if you have to notarize marriage certificate. My marriage certificate was both in English/native language, so I just uploaded like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mycase17 said:

Do you know if you have to notarize marriage certificate. My marriage certificate was both in English/native language, so I just uploaded like that. 

Its my assumption you do not need notary to stamp translation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...