23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 hours ago, CarolineEddie said:

We got notified of the new date on 26th of March (Previous cancelled date had been 21st of January). I will definitely let you know how I get on. The doctor at the medical today  told me today that they won’t be able to approve anything tomorrow as medical results will take a couple of weeks.

Best of luck ❤️ So glad to hear of more interviews!!! 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
11 hours ago, neca said:

Should I take this to mean February? 😉 That sucks about the medical, I would have thought with the electronic transferring that the turnaround time would be lesser too. Real shame. I guess you had a good experience at the Medical though, so that's one more hurdle you've cleared!

Oh goodness😂...my brain doesn’t know one month from the next during this lockdown 🙈 yes it was the 26th of Feb we got the email.

All went well today. It was funny how differently I had imagined it all in my head. I thought the interview might involve sitting down in an office but everything happens while standing at a counter like a passport office and anyone waiting can hear everything you say, but listening to others helps pass the time 😂

They really stick to their word about not arriving more than 5 mins before appointment time (mine was at 13.15). I arrived at 13.00 and they sent me off for a 10 minute walk. Have all of your documents well organised in a folder so you can quickly access each one as they call for it. The document check was pretty quick and they told me to sit down and my interview would follow shortly after, but they called me up after half an hour to say that they were having a problem trying to access my initial UCIS application/evidence on their system. It would have helped if I had brought the very first letter to confirm receipt of my application as this has a special code on it. The guy was lovely and said he’d be able to track it down but I’d recommend to bring that first letter with you as I’d have been out of there much quicker if I’d had mine with me.

When I was eventually called up, the interview was very straightforward - just asked how we met and when we got married. I got the 221g because the medical results weren’t in yet but they said everything else was approved so I just have to hope there was nothing out of the ordinary with my medical 🤞 Great feeling to have it done... I hope you guys all get sorted soon x

Timeline

Thanks for detailed response, All the best and wish you good luck!! can't wait to get over ours. @CarolineEddie

15 hours ago, CarolineEddie said:

Oh goodness😂...my brain doesn’t know one month from the next during this lockdown 🙈 yes it was the 26th of Feb we got the email.

All went well today. It was funny how differently I had imagined it all in my head. I thought the interview might involve sitting down in an office but everything happens while standing at a counter like a passport office and anyone waiting can hear everything you say, but listening to others helps pass the time 😂

They really stick to their word about not arriving more than 5 mins before appointment time (mine was at 13.15). I arrived at 13.00 and they sent me off for a 10 minute walk. Have all of your documents well organised in a folder so you can quickly access each one as they call for it. The document check was pretty quick and they told me to sit down and my interview would follow shortly after, but they called me up after half an hour to say that they were having a problem trying to access my initial UCIS application/evidence on their system. It would have helped if I had brought the very first letter to confirm receipt of my application as this has a special code on it. The guy was lovely and said he’d be able to track it down but I’d recommend to bring that first letter with you as I’d have been out of there much quicker if I’d had mine with me.

When I was eventually called up, the interview was very straightforward - just asked how we met and when we got married. I got the 221g because the medical results weren’t in yet but they said everything else was approved so I just have to hope there was nothing out of the ordinary with my medical 🤞 Great feeling to have it done... I hope you guys all get sorted soon x

One quick question tho, did you and your spouse go together for the interview? 

Timeline

Yay!!! Congrats!!! ❤️ Delighted all went well!! I hope you don't mind i've added your stats to this spreadsheet for tracking purposes :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-E3f7cpyBqmL4uwxUG2BqZAEgKdurwrvGULWUltdZvQ/edit#gid=125603705 feel free to add in your dates :) 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
18 hours ago, Kiks&Pete said:

Hello! Just wondering how to actually apply for a police clearance certificate. I called my local garda station and they didnt actually seem to have a clue.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_abroad/leaving_ireland/police_certificate.html

We followed the instructions set out in this site 😉

👐

Patience......patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.