rupok93

Renewing EAD Do I need to pay fee? What documents do I sent this time?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My wife is currently under adjustment of status pending through k1 visa since April 2020. We moved to Dallas, TX from Orlando, FL and I switched the address so maybe we need to wait even more as the case will transfer to texas. Her EAD will expire 6/2021. What documents do I need to send this time besides the i 765?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just the I-751. On it, there's a box that asks if you have a petition going. Check it to avoid paying fees again. 

BTW, you do know you can renew her EAD now? So I'd suggest send that application ASAP because it's currently taking 3 months to hear from USCIS 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

So we still dont have a permanent address in texas atm. we dont plan to close on our house till mid april. If i do the application now can i put my new house address and a ups box i have  in texas as the mailing address?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

23 hours ago, Timona said:

Just the I-751. On it, there's a box that asks if you have a petition going. Check it to avoid paying fees again. 

BTW, you do know you can renew her EAD now? So I'd suggest send that application ASAP because it's currently taking 3 months to hear from USCIS 

Just want to reiterate this, you can renew up to six months before the expiry date. I submitted my renewal at the beginning of November and it took 3.5 months to get my NOA1.

When I renewed there was no need to pay fees. I resubmitted all the same things as the first package with a copy of my current EAD card and communication I got from USCIS regarding the application for the first card.

Timeline
On 3/14/2021 at 9:58 PM, rupok93 said:

So we still dont have a permanent address in texas atm. we dont plan to close on our house till mid april. If i do the application now can i put my new house address and a ups box i have  in texas as the mailing address?

I'll wait to close..then send renewal.

Why? If you change your address and the EAD comes to the new one, then you're atleast sure USCIS got your new address right. USCIS is notorious for retaining old address. 

So what you'll do is:

1. When you close, go online and do the AR11.

2. Submit your EAD renewal with new address. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

I'll wait to close..then send renewal.

Why? If you change your address and the EAD comes to the new one, then you're atleast sure USCIS got your new address right. USCIS is notorious for retaining old address. 

So what you'll do is:

1. When you close, go online and do the AR11.

2. Submit your EAD renewal with new address. 

Thats what I was thinking but I hope they are fast with the application and my wife can get it before end of june.

Timeline

Another idea.

If you are sure you are moving, send application NOW with new address. At the same time, change address on AR-11...here is where the idea comes.......go to the post office (or do it online), change your mailing address and have your mails to start being rerouted to the new address. However, have them held at the new local post office till a later date when you are physically at the new location. I hope I explained this really good.

So in 3 weeks when you close, you are golden.

Edited by Timona

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.