slavaskii

Brief Questions on I-129F Filing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good morning! 

I will be filing the I-129F form within the coming weeks and wanted to ensure I was doing everything correctly. Would anyone kindly be able to assist with the following?

1. Question 62 on the I-129F asks for where the beneficiary will be applying for their visa. My fiancee is Belarusian and the Minsk embassy has the rather unique property of interviewing all their K1 applications in Warsaw. My fiancee has previously been issued a B2 visa in Minsk and only has history at that location; should I answer this question with Minsk (where she lives) or Warsaw?
  2. As my fiancee previously had a B2, she visited me in the US on two separate occasions. I understand I'm required to submit her I-94 if she's currently in the US, but am I required to do so if she's already returned home? I'm not sure if this was necessary or would perhaps be helpful as further evidence of our relationship. 
  3. After I file this form and accompanying documents, must I submit anything to USCIS at any point before our interview (providing I don't receive a RFE)? Though I would plan to attend the interview if possible with my fiancee, I just find it confusing USCIS doesn't seem to ask for any more evidence than the initial submission before the 'big day'.

Thank you all in advance (and apologies if I broke any etiquette as this is my first posting here)!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Good morning! 

I will be filing the I-129F form within the coming weeks and wanted to ensure I was doing everything correctly. Would anyone kindly be able to assist with the following?

1. Question 62 on the I-129F asks for where the beneficiary will be applying for their visa. My fiancee is Belarusian and the Minsk embassy has the rather unique property of interviewing all their K1 applications in Warsaw. My fiancee has previously been issued a B2 visa in Minsk and only has history at that location; should I answer this question with Minsk (where she lives) or Warsaw?

They don’t even look at that field. We put a completely different country and they still assigned it to the consulate in the country I was temporarily residing in. They just automatically send it to where the beneficiary currently resides and they are very well aware that she’ll be interviewing in Warsaw. Even if you put Minsk, it’ll still go to the correct one - Warsaw.

1. As my fiancee previously had a B2, she visited me in the US on two separate occasions. I understand I'm required to submit her I-94 if she's currently in the US, but am I required to do so if she's already returned home? I'm not sure if this was necessary or would perhaps be helpful as further evidence of our relationship.

Follow the instructions directly. She’s not currently in the US so put N/A in those fields. Unless it is part of the evidence that you saw each other in the past 2 years, then include I-94.

1. After I file this form and accompanying documents, must I submit anything to USCIS at any point before our interview (providing I don't receive a RFE)? Though I would plan to attend the interview if possible with my fiancee, I just find it confusing USCIS doesn't seem to ask for any more evidence than the initial submission before the 'big day'.

No, nothing else to be submitted.

Thank you all in advance (and apologies if I broke any etiquette as this is my first posting here)!

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, powerpuff said:

Thank you so much! That clarifies a lot; in that case we’ll put Minsk for the first question, as it’ll be taken care of anyway and it’s not worth the unnecessary confusion.

Just a quick comment on my second question - reviewing the I-129F, it’s clear I shouldn’t write her past I-94 in the form because she’s already gone, but the instructions on USCIS website do indeed say I need to include a copy of her I-94 if she was ever issued one. Obviously I wouldn’t write this in on the I-129F, but perhaps I need to submit a copy of it in the packet anyway? It does provide some evidence supporting our relationship, so I can’t see why it wouldn’t be helpful to do so in any case.

Thank you!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.