Winifred

K1 visa Lagos Nigeria

29 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Winifred said:

Recently heard they have started conducting and giving out visa for K1 filers in Lagos Nigeria . Please how true is this ? 

Meanwhile am still waiting for my interview appointment since March 2020. 

They've started scheduling interviews for k1 visas. A few K1 folks have stated getting interview dates

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you tried to reshedule  according to the embassy insturstions as highlighted in black?

U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria - LGS

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria.

Step 1: Create an account online

You MUST create an account online with our customer service provider before you can schedule or reschedule an appointment. Rescheduling is only possible on a date after your assigned appointment.

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Have you tried to reshedule  according to the embassy insturstions as highlighted in black?

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria.

You MUST create an account online with our customer service provider before you can schedule or reschedule an appointment. Rescheduling is only possible on a date after your assigned appointment.

I didn’t know I could do that ... will quickly get on with it .. thank you so much .

15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Please I’ve been checking but it’s showing me no available date please what can I do to get appointment.

Timeline
15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Please the account to be created is it also  applicable to K1 applicants ? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, C.moudlin ndubuka said:

Please I’ve been trying to get appointment for my k visa since it was cancelled since march 2020 but it’s showing me no available date.please I need assistance on how to get interview date. Thanks 

You should try following the steps sent above by JeanneAdil  I think that will help .

Timeline
6 hours ago, Winifred said:

Please the account to be created is it also  applicable to K1 applicants ? 

This is for K1 visa interviews / Check the embassy site as that's where i found it

as spouse visas are scheduled thru NVC and the cancelled ones are rescheduled by embassy

Timeline
6 hours ago, C.moudlin ndubuka said:

Please I’ve been checking but it’s showing me no available date please what can I do to get appointment.

If there are no available dates,  they either are not doing them yet or the dates are full

it happens in normal times that the dates fill up fast and you need to check and recheck till you see an opening/ just the way it is 

so sorry this is happening but it is this way in every country

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I do not know how to proceed.  I feel stuck. Our priority date was August 2nd 2020 but our case (k1) still says at NVC. Noone is responding to calls or messages and if they do they send us back to check visa status. This is so frustrating.  Can someone please help? Some form of direction

Edited by Uju Obim

On 2/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, Uju Obim said:

I do not know how to proceed.  I feel stuck. Our priority date was August 2nd 2020 but our case (k1) still says at NVC. Noone is responding to calls or messages and if they do they send us back to check visa status. This is so frustrating.  Can someone please help? Some form of direction

Same situation here. The way I see it, the people at the embassy have zero empathy. They just send an automated message or they tell you there’s nothing they can do because application is at NVC so contact NVC then you contact them and they tell you unless the embassy asks us to send it there’s nothing we can do. It’s heartbreaking. Just because we aren’t officially married doesn’t mean we don’t want to be with our loved ones. If my fiancé was here he’d be my husband and not a fiancé anymore. I just pray things turn around soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.