MaryLoves

No biometrics for I751?

6 posts in this topic

Is it possible not to get called in for Biometrics appointment?

I got my conditional green card towards the end of 2018, and I applied for I-751 to remove my condition in November 2020.

I remember having to pay biometrics fee with the application fee. 

Today, I noticed that my status has been changed to "New Card is being Produced" from Pending. I never received biometrics appointment notice.

My questions are as follows:

1) Is it possible to get approved this quick? I know that USCIS has lots of applications piled up and even worse because of Covid, but I already got my case approved and it has been only 3-4 months! (I am not complaining though!)

2) Is it possible not to receive biometrics appointment notice but still get approved? If so, which photo will be used? The same one I took for my conditional green card more than 3 years ago?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, MaryLoves said:

Is it possible not to get called in for Biometrics appointment?

I got my conditional green card towards the end of 2018, and I applied for I-751 to remove my condition in November 2020.

I remember having to pay biometrics fee with the application fee. 

Today, I noticed that my status has been changed to "New Card is being Produced" from Pending. I never received biometrics appointment notice.

My questions are as follows:

1) Is it possible to get approved this quick? I know that USCIS has lots of applications piled up and even worse because of Covid, but I already got my case approved and it has been only 3-4 months! (I am not complaining though!)

2) Is it possible not to receive biometrics appointment notice but still get approved? If so, which photo will be used? The same one I took for my conditional green card more than 3 years ago?

Congratulations !!

I believe it is quite possible to get the 10 Year GC approved this fast. By any chance is your service center Texas or Vermont or California ??

Does your case number starts with SRC or WAC ??

If it is, then I believe its not any surprise. Lot of VJ members got approved this fast  from those service centers.

Congratulations again :)

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

8 hours ago, Balaji_v said:

Congratulations !!

I believe it is quite possible to get the 10 Year GC approved this fast. By any chance is your service center Texas or Vermont or California ??

Does your case number starts with SRC or WAC ??

If it is, then I believe its not any surprise. Lot of VJ members got approved this fast  from those service centers.

Congratulations again :)

Thanks!

Yes, you're correct! I applied in California and my case number starts with WAC.

I got a notice last month saying my case has been transferred to a different service center. 

I was thinking my status would change from "New Card is being produced" to "Card was mailed to me" or something like that.

But today I checked it and it says "Fingerprints were taken." 

Is this normal? I did not go to biometrics appointment nor did I receive the appointment notice, and I did not have my fingerprints taken this time. (I did it when I did AOS).

I hope this is not their mistake and revert back to the "Pending" status!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

There are excel files online for tracking stuff like that.. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8qNTxz14bzeqOY0Pzk-F0NAWwB42Mr9ypfpwwgm1VU/edit#gid=0

On 2/26/2021 at 3:43 PM, MaryLoves said:

Where can you see the statistics?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.