BOKURAGAITA

Question: Any updates K1 in Manila?

25 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

The Philippines response to Covid is a key reason in our decision to leave the Philippines.  Children have been locked up like animals.  I can understand the extra precautions for elderly and sick people, but not children.  Yes, it will pass eventually, but has highlighted for us the downsides of living here, especially for my children.

The PH pandemic response has also been a key reason why we decided to live in the US over the PH. I was perfectly happy to stay in my home country, until last year. I had (and still do) have a comfortable life here, but it has just been one disappointment after another with this government. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

60 million is not even half the population in USA there are 328 million people here so that number of 60 for being half is wrong.

60 million is nearly half the population of the Philippines. It will take two years to vaccinate that many people in the Philippines. 

Timeline

Philippines Govt is turning into a dictatorship. Absolutely absurd to keep people locked inside under MGCQ. It's not only causing physical damage but psychological damage and not good for the well being of anyone. 

Children are really suffering now and it's not necessary. The idiotic Govt response is that they can watch TV and play with their electronic devices all day long. Hogwash. The inability for them to attend school is very detrimental. How many families can afford laptops? Especially those who have multiple school-aged children. The clases aren't staggered, so many end up missing out. The Internet is probably the worst in the world, bases on my experience and unreliable. 

My fiancée's family has a neighboring family that has a young daughter who has multiple sclerosis and is unable to get around much. Prior to the pandemic she was using a walker and making good progress with going outdoors and even starting to walk somewhat unaided. Because of these stringent requirements of children having to stay indoors, her muscles have atrophied and she can barely walk ten feet. 

A few days ago her father took her outside to get some exercise as their family was desperate as they have noticed a major decline in her health. They were confronted by a policeman who ordered that her father take her back indoors per the MGCQ guidelines. Her father tried explaining why they were outdoors, but the police would have none of it and went as far as to taunt the little girl until she started to cry.

When her father stood up to the police and asked him knock it off, he was hit with some type of club and nearly lost consciousness. He needed help from another neighbor to get himself and the daughter home. The next day he was arrested for disobedience and failure to follow police directions to take his daughter inside. Being the only adult in the home that works to support his family of 6, they don't have any money for food or anything else. 

Edited by NoMansLand2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't even understand what is going on. My future in laws kept sending messages and asking updates. I told them we wait until next month and they offered help, they actually been asking for me and my fiancé's approval if they could send email and make phone calls to people that could hear their request to our petition since they work in Fed Govnt. I know their job won't make changes but they are hoping it could help, overall IDK🥺. They need me and my children but didn't expect this would take much longer but i really wish next month there some kind of miracle. cross finger. 

8 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

I don't even understand what is going on. My future in laws kept sending messages and asking updates. I told them we wait until next month and they offered help, they actually been asking for me and my fiancé's approval if they could send email and make phone calls to people that could hear their request to our petition since they work in Fed Govnt. I know their job won't make changes but they are hoping it could help, overall IDK🥺. They need me and my children but didn't expect this would take much longer but i really wish next month there some kind of miracle. cross finger. 

My position is, the more US citizens who push for action, the more the US government will listen. It's at the point where things will not change unless people start complaining, loudly and repeatedly. Same for the PH citizens, except that there is a very real chance of government harrassment for anyone who speaks up too loudly. So the best and safest bet is for the US citizens to speak up.

Edited by Adventine

Timeline

"Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte rejected his pandemic task force's recommendation to place the entire country under the lightest quarantine classification, modified general community quarantine (MGCQ), "unless there is a rollout of vaccines," announced Malacañang."

Ah well, it was worth hoping for...

Timeline

I mean does metro manila really have to be at MGCQ for them to resume routine visa services? I thought it is up to the Department of State to determine whether embassies resume in at least some type of phase of processing routine visas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, whardy21 said:

I mean does metro manila really have to be at MGCQ for them to resume routine visa services? I thought it is up to the Department of State to determine whether embassies resume in at least some type of phase of processing routine visas.

But part of the decision criteria is taking into considerations any local restrictions and local conditions.

YMMV

Yes, the shift to a lower lockdown level matters because it raises the percentage of employees who can physically show up to their workplaces. 

But it's not the only consideration. We'll have to wait and see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.