Fragger

Changing address and sending i751 at the same time

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello!

we’re in the middle of changing address (literally moving out right now) to a new apartment, but we’re also about to send our i751 with the new address and the new lease.

question:

1) Do we still file AR 11?

If so, do we include Form AR-11 in the i751 packet.

2) is it still necessary to file AR 11 if the address is already updated in i751?

3) should we send the i751 first. Then send another application for AR -11

thank you!

When exactly are you moving into the new place? 

If you're moving into your new place the next couple of weeks, then definitely use the new address on your I-751. That way the NOA will be sent to your new address by the time you guys have moved in. Currently, it takes at least 6 weeks (or more) before a NOA is issued and mailed out.

Having said that, if the physical/mailing address is listed accordingly on the I-751, then you won't need to submit AR-11.

On the other hand, if you list your current address as the physical/mailing address when filing the I-751, then yes, upon your move you'll need to send in AR-11.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.