kellyk

Connecting to Tier 2 Need interview info

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello everyone. Any tips to connect with a Tier 2 officer these days? We were able to a few months ago, but it seems something has changed. We’ve been waiting for a callback since Jan. 22 😥

USPS lost our interview notice and we need to find out the interview date/time. We’ve filled out the USCIS form, USPS has been unresponsive, tried USCIS Emma chat, and called many times only to be told that we have to wait for a Tier 2 to call us and there is no way for a Tier 1 to connect us to a Tier 2.

19 minutes ago, kellyk said:

Hello everyone. Any tips to connect with a Tier 2 officer these days? We were able to a few months ago, but it seems something has changed. We’ve been waiting for a callback since Jan. 22 😥

USPS lost our interview notice and we need to find out the interview date/time. We’ve filled out the USCIS form, USPS has been unresponsive, tried USCIS Emma chat, and called many times only to be told that we have to wait for a Tier 2 to call us and there is no way for a Tier 1 to connect us to a Tier 2.

I'm not sure if this trick works but it did a couple years ago when I was going through AOS. Call the line and select "Change Your Address". I think they'll give you some options for that sub-menu and then ask if you still want to speak to someone. Select YES. When I did it, it connected me to an agent and they didn't even ask about my address. They just asked, "How may I help you?". Get a little theatrical if you have to. Tell them that you know that missing the interview will equal a denial and that you simply cannot afford that at all right now, so you NEED to find out the interview day/time or have it rescheduled somehow. Usually, the notice gets sent 4-6 weeks before the interview, so tell them you know you're getting closer to the scheduled interview day.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mushroomspore said:

I'm not sure if this trick works but it did a couple years ago when I was going through AOS. Call the line and select "Change Your Address". I think they'll give you some options for that sub-menu and then ask if you still want to speak to someone. Select YES. When I did it, it connected me to an agent and they didn't even ask about my address. They just asked, "How may I help you?". Get a little theatrical if you have to. Tell them that you know that missing the interview will equal a denial and that you simply cannot afford that at all right now, so you NEED to find out the interview day/time or have it rescheduled somehow. Usually, the notice gets sent 4-6 weeks before the interview, so tell them you know you're getting closer to the scheduled interview day.

Unfortunately this no longer works. USPS also lost our Biometrics appointment letter and the only way we found out the date/time was connecting to a Tier 2 officer using some of the hacks you have mentioned (and it was the next day!). Confirmed today in a chat that they "no longer/can't transfer to a Tier 2 and everyone has to wait for a call back." As you noted and can imagine, we are super stressed because the interview could be tomorrow! They have said our only option is to wait and if the interview has already passed by the time they call us we would need to reschedule which would of course be another huge wait. =( 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, kellyk said:

Unfortunately this no longer works. USPS also lost our Biometrics appointment letter and the only way we found out the date/time was connecting to a Tier 2 officer using some of the hacks you have mentioned (and it was the next day!). Confirmed today in a chat that they "no longer/can't transfer to a Tier 2 and everyone has to wait for a call back." As you noted and can imagine, we are super stressed because the interview could be tomorrow! They have said our only option is to wait and if the interview has already passed by the time they call us we would need to reschedule which would of course be another huge wait. =( 

If you want to talk to someone when calling, just say Technical Difficulties. A tier 1 will answer the call, and they can request a tier 2 to call back in 5 days.

Timeline
Just now, Ayrton said:

If you want to talk to someone when calling, just say Technical Difficulties. A tier 1 will answer the call, and they can request a tier 2 to call back in 5 days.

Yes- unfortunately we have done that and it has now been 12 business days with no call. 

Timeline

Update: USCIC finally called. Sadly they had an "administrative error" and scheduled the interview in the wrong city/state. We are now waiting again to hopefully hear about a reschedule, though they were vague on how/when that would happen and if it meant there would be a huge delay as we are now at the busy NYC office. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 8:40 AM, kellyk said:

Man, I hope USPS gets their stuff together. I feel like they have been causing a lot of trouble for those of us that are needing to send things in/receive things from USCIS. 

My husband and I's I-485 packet appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth according to our USPS tracking (stuck in transit for 10 days). So frustrating. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.