Lotherest

CEAC Expired

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lotherest said:

I just checked our status and it was renewed. You should be fine!

Thanks for the reassurance. Our paperwork is solid. I'm confident once we are in an interview it will be a slam dunk. I'm just frustrated with how this has gone as I'm sure we all are. 

Timeline
On 2/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, flicks1998 said:

If your case is already at USEM, you may just want to send them a quick email with your MNL number stating that your case is still active and you still plan on getting married.  I was sending updates every 3 months just to dot my i's and cross my t's.  As @NancyNguyensays, it will be extended as many are in the same position, but it doesnt hurt to just send an email.  Dont expect a reply back, its just for documentation purposes.

We were literally just waiting for an interview last april as well.  And now I see mine saying it's expired.  Who did you contact to discuss the message that it was Expired.  The state dept is useless.  I'm going to wait until the embassy opens up in Manila and give them a call.  Who did you email to discuss this issue?  thanks in advance

1 minute ago, CovidSucks21 said:

We were literally just waiting for an interview last april as well.  And now I see mine saying it's expired.  Who did you contact to discuss the message that it was Expired.  The state dept is useless.  I'm going to wait until the embassy opens up in Manila and give them a call.  Who did you email to discuss this issue?  thanks in advance

I never got to the Expired status.  In fact, I never even checked the CEAC web-site or logged in until after our interview.  All I did starting in April 2020 and then again in July 2020 was that I wrote USEM and emailed them saying that we still planned on following through with the K visa and getting married in the US.  Nobody ever wrote us back, but I had it for my record in case it ever became an issue (which it didnt).  On September 21, I wrote to USEM for an expedite as I saw they were expediting cases for K1s who had US citizen children.  I did not receive a response.  I wrote again on September 28th and still did not receive a response.  On October 23rd we received an email for an interview scheduled on December 3rd.

There are quite a few threads on the "Expired" status but its nothing to worrying about.  Some will will see their CEAC status as refused now, but again its nothing to worry about.

ivmanilareplies@state.gov

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline

I called the US Embassy in the Philippines and the recommended I email the US Travel Docs support.  I did thatlast night and they sent me an auto response saying they will reply to me in one to two days.  Once I get an official response they wanted me to contact them again.  The CEAC notice really just sounds like some kind of auto response that no one bothered to update to covid timelines or check.

Timeline

I got a response and it feels like it also automatic?  I don't think I can do this all over again.  Do I need to worry about this?  All we needed was the stupid interview. 😡

Screenshot_20210407-080649_Outlook.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 6:15 AM, CovidSucks21 said:

I got a response and it feels like it also automatic?  I don't think I can do this all over again.  Do I need to worry about this?  All we needed was the stupid interview. 😡

Screenshot_20210407-080649_Outlook.jpg

Keep emailing them. I did that for almost three months. My case expired Feb.19, 2021 and it was finally updated May 6th. I just got my interview date today. I know it's frustrating but, they will eventually update it. 

Timeline
On 5/18/2021 at 7:24 PM, Jenn2020 said:

Keep emailing them. I did that for almost three months. My case expired Feb.19, 2021 and it was finally updated May 6th. I just got my interview date today. I know it's frustrating but, they will eventually update it. 

I finally got an email back from the manila consular office?  I've submitted the screenshot of it expired.  We will see what that does.  Did you start the reinstating of yours the same way?

Screenshot_20210520-025209_Outlook.jpg

On 5/20/2021 at 12:58 AM, CovidSucks21 said:

I finally got an email back from the manila consular office?  I've submitted the screenshot of it expired.  We will see what that does.  Did you start the reinstating of yours the same way?

Screenshot_20210520-025209_Outlook.jpgIs f

Yes, I would email a screenshot of my case status every time I would email them. The last email I sent them days before my case was updated I sent a signed letter stating my fiancé and I were still interested in proceeding with the visa, screen shots of everything (noa1, noa2,etc). Hopefully, they update your case soon and schedule you an interview! 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

With CEAC stuff and basically everything I always called the embassy in MNL. Actually it's the "US Visa and Information Services", some sort of call center, but they provide decent advice on what to do.
They are open 6pm to 2am pacific time M-F (or actually sort of Sunday through Thursday our time)
US Visa and Information Services

1-703-520-2235
Once connected you listen a few messages, then press, 1, 2, 1, 2

Then you listen to about 8 minutes of music, then they call cuts off.

About 1 in 10 calls get through, but that's what I did about 500 times over the past 18 months.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I've been doing this lately.  I finally got thru and talked to someone on the phone for the first time in a week and a half.  They basically told me the same thing.  That I need to wait for an email telling me we can book an interview.

I don't feel optimistic about that response.  They can't tell me anything new either.  It's been over one year just waiting for this stupid interview.  I don't know why they can't just do this via skype.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.