gg20

Question about NVC Expedite Request

10 posts in this topic

We filed our case with a lawyer. I need to get my GC asap for work-related reasons. We received our NVC case number in early December. We filed an expedite request and still didn't hear about it. I wanted to fill the DS-260 and upload my documents in the meantime, in case our request is denied. The lawyer said the way we fill form DS-260 will change base on the response to the expedite request and recommended waiting. We still don't have form DS-260 and the documents in the system. Does that make sense? I feel like if our expedite request is denied we will lose more than 1 month for no reason. Can anyone advice about the situation?

You can apply for an expedited interview at any time. Warning, however , they do not like to do these. I had to have kidney surgery without my husband

On 1/24/2021 at 2:43 AM, gg20 said:

The lawyer said the way we fill form DS-260 will change base on the response to the expedite request and recommended waiting.

Hmm this is interesting. Not sure how it will change. DS 260 isn't rocket science. Don't wait and submit all your documents to NVC ASAP. You can request for expedite after being documentarily qualified. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What did the Lawyer say will change, I may be missing something.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

What did the Lawyer say will change, I may be missing something.

She never said what would change. Just kept us waiting until we receive a response to the expedition request, which we didn't for almost 1 month now. I am starting to think they are not even considering our expedite request, because we don't have DS-260 and documents in the system. How long does it generally take to get a response to the expedition request? The stakes are really high for this one, I can't believe a lawyer would do such a stupid mistake.

Timeline

I do not understand the reasoning, so am at a loss to comment.

Usually a few days for an expedite.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

When I requested an expedite it took a month as well. The embassy is in Djibouti. I got so frustrated that I emailed the embassy and told them I requested an expedite and hadn’t received a response. The following day I got denied. I don’t think I would have received a response from them had I not emailed them directly. This was after I got dq’ed btw

Timeline

It seemed that back in the day they did not respond to denials and now it seems mixed, an observation, I have no data to support it.

2 hours ago, gg20 said:

I am starting to think they are not even considering our expedite request, because we don't have DS-260 and documents in the system.

Sounds logical. So go ahead and submit your documents asap. 

It usually takes 2 weeks or less to get an expedite request approved. Which embassy?

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.