ChrisT4R

CRBA and father not able to attend interview (split)

17 posts in this topic

Quick question,

Do i (father who is not attending childs CRBA interview due to covid-19 flight restrictions from USA) need to provide passport photos (3 pcs 2x2 ) of myself with supporting documents?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post split off of 9 yr old zombie thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, there is a specific form you need to notarize: DS-5507 and DS-3053 and include in the documents you send to the Philippines. I'm in the same situation.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:05 AM, Trompie said:

Yes, there is a specific form you need to notarize: DS-5507 and DS-3053 and include in the documents you send to the Philippines. I'm in the same situation.

Ah ok thanks.

Which mail carrier you will use to send documents within 1 week to parent/guardian in pinas?

Edited by ChrisT4R

Timeline
19 hours ago, ChrisT4R said:

Ah ok thanks.

Which mail carrier you will use to send documents within 1 week to parent/guardian in pinas?

I used DHL twice and it's pretty fast, usually 1 week from USA to PH. It's about $80 to send an envelope of documents.

The advantage of DHL is it's door to door. If you use for example USPS, once it arrives in Manila it's delivered by the local postal service.

4 minutes ago, Trompie said:

I used DHL twice and it's pretty fast, usually 1 week from USA to PH. It's about $80 to send an envelope of documents.

The advantage of DHL is it's door to door. If you use for example USPS, once it arrives in Manila it's delivered by the local postal service.

Got it thanks 👍🏾👍🏾

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 6:05 AM, Trompie said:

Did i have to include a filled out ds-11 also for child applicant?

Timeline

No, my understanding is the DS-11 can be completed by your partner in the Philippines. It seems like it can't be done electronically so she will have to print it out and fill out in ink.

The DS-3353 is the one you must fill out and notarize.  It basically is the consent form to accompany the DS-11.

For the DS-11, she might even be able to fill it out at the Embassy when she has her appointment. I'm not sure if you are supposed to leave the social security number blank as the child obviously doesn't have one.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Trompie said:

No, my understanding is the DS-11 can be completed by your partner in the Philippines. It seems like it can't be done electronically so she will have to print it out and fill out in ink.

The DS-3353 is the one you must fill out and notarize.  It basically is the consent form to accompany the DS-11.

For the DS-11, she might even be able to fill it out at the Embassy when she has her appointment. I'm not sure if you are supposed to leave the social security number blank as the child obviously doesn't have one.

The DS-11 is filled out by the "non applying" parent. I filled it out and had it notarized (with all other documents) by my bank manager. 

Make 2 or more copies of everything. Keep a copy of EVERYTHING no matter.

I sent the original and 1 copy of all the papers to my fiancé in the Philippines, where she included all photos, Certified copy of PSA Birth Certificate and mailed COPIES ONLY to the Embassy.

She will need to take the originals with her to the interview. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

The DS-11 is filled out by the "non applying" parent. I filled it out and had it notarized (with all other documents) by my bank manager. 

Make 2 or more copies of everything. Keep a copy of EVERYTHING no matter.

I sent the original and 1 copy of all the papers to my fiancé in the Philippines, where she included all photos, Certified copy of PSA Birth Certificate and mailed COPIES ONLY to the Embassy.

She will need to take the originals with her to the interview. 

For example, do you mean send her the original W2 and expired driver's license to show at the in-person interview, then a photocopy of these (not notarized) which will be sent by mail to the embassy?

My situation is slightly different, my fiance will be doing an in-person interview at the Cebu branch of the Embassy, so she will not be mailing any documents. However, the Cebu Embassy agency will send documents to the main Embassy in Manila.

Thanks

Timeline
5 hours ago, Trompie said:

For example, do you mean send her the original W2 and expired driver's license to show at the in-person interview, then a photocopy of these (not notarized) which will be sent by mail to the embassy?

My situation is slightly different, my fiance will be doing an in-person interview at the Cebu branch of the Embassy, so she will not be mailing any documents. However, the Cebu Embassy agency will send documents to the main Embassy in Manila.

Thanks

Not sure about the interviews in Cebu.

I simply followed the instructions on the CRBA website as to what was needed. 

Also have a look at this site. CRBA - Visa Connection Philippines it contains a step by step guide on what to do and what paperwork to provide.

All papers that were required to be notarized were the originals, copies were of the originals, which had the notarization on them.

For us, the paperwork (all copies) were shipped from her to the US Embassy, they notified us by email of the appointment date. She then took the exact paperwork (Originals) for the in person appointment. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
13 minutes ago, txdoc said:

Did you also have to send your original passport/naturalization certificate??

You do not send ANY originals other than photos. Just copies. Originals are only needed during the interview.

Just now, AlaMike said:

You do not send ANY originals other than photos. Just copies. Originals are only needed during the interview.

Right, sorry I meant does my wife have to take my original passport and naturalization certificate to the CRBA interview? I have to add, this is for the UK; we don't send in anything beforehand. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, txdoc said:

Right, sorry I meant does my wife have to take my original passport and naturalization certificate to the CRBA interview? I have to add, this is for the UK; we don't send in anything beforehand. 

Sorry, Not sure about the specifications for the UK.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.