Juls801

Lost Medical documents at POA

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We just had my husband's AOS interview today after his arrival on a k1 visa Nov 2019. The officer stated he could have approved us but his Medical was missing. It seems the unsealed packet he surrendered at POA to customs in Dublin never made it to the US. He said he would need another medical unless he can get the records from the k1 Medical. 

Question- has anyone ever been able to get another copy over a year later? We don't want to pay $$$ for another Medical if it's possible. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Those Medicals get “lost” more than you would expect. Not necessarily Dublin. The documents go into storage at a central location and are supposed to be retrieved to match up to your AOS file. They could be filed wrong or the person retrieving just couldn’t be arsed to look for them. All the ones I have known had to go to a civil surgeon for a full medical. TB Skin test. 

Email the clinic. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

TB Skin test would show positive so is useless.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Those Medicals get “lost” more than you would expect. Not necessarily Dublin. The documents go into storage at a central location and are supposed to be retrieved to match up to your AOS file. They could be filed wrong or the person retrieving just couldn’t be arsed to look for them. All the ones I have known had to go to a civil surgeon for a full medical. TB Skin test. 

Email the clinic. 

TB skin test? They didn't do that at the original K1 medical? We have his chest xray disk - isn't that what it was checking?

We have emailed Knightsbridge, but curious if they have been known to send another copy this long after or at all. If it's not even a possibility we'll start the civil surgeon research now.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Juls801 said:

TB skin test? They didn't do that at the original K1 medical? We have his chest xray disk - isn't that what it was checking?

We have emailed Knightsbridge, but curious if they have been known to send another copy this long after or at all. If it's not even a possibility we'll start the civil surgeon research now.

Thanks!

Sorry, they have replaced the skin test with IGRA testing. Before.. a positive skin test would indicate the need for a chest x-Ray. Now a positive IGRA requires a chest x-Ray. That’s how the technical instructions for civil surgeons is written for TB clearance. Your original (written) clearance for TB is lost so you start over from scratch with slightly different rules. Take it up with the civil surgeon.

A few years ago I spoke on the phone with the clinic in London asking about replacing medical exams lost by USCIS because it was happening so often. The lady told me they were contracted by the embassy to perform a service and turned everything over to the embassy and retained no records. That’s why you got your X-ray cd. The clinic didn’t keep it and the embassy had no need to keep it so gave it to you. I don’t know if records are currently retained at the clinic. They started creating digital records to provide to the embassy over sending paper forms by courier so maybe there is a chance. Only the clinic can answer your question. 

19 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Sorry, they have replaced the skin test with IGRA testing. Before.. a positive skin test would indicate the need for a chest x-Ray. Now a positive IGRA requires a chest x-Ray. That’s how the technical instructions for civil surgeons is written for TB clearance. Your original (written) clearance for TB is lost so you start over from scratch with slightly different rules. Take it up with the civil surgeon.

A few years ago I spoke on the phone with the clinic in London asking about replacing medical exams lost by USCIS because it was happening so often. The lady told me they were contracted by the embassy to perform a service and turned everything over to the embassy and retained no records. That’s why you got your X-ray cd. The clinic didn’t keep it and the embassy had no need to keep it so gave it to you. I don’t know if records are currently retained at the clinic. They started creating digital records to provide to the embassy over sending paper forms by courier so maybe there is a chance. Only the clinic can answer your question. 

Thank you for the background and great details. This makes sense. It sounds like it's probably not gonna happen (getting his Medical from the clinic) due to your explanation and with the UK in lockdown nobody is answering calls, emails or faxes. I think we'll just head to the civil surgeon here.  Thankfully the officer accepted his copy of the vaccines so that's one less worry. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.