5 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello all! We are pleased to let you know that our journey through the AOS process has finally come to an end (almost, need to remove conditional status in two years).

Our AOS package was received on June 9th, 2020. After almost 45 days, we received notice that my wife's application had been accepted but not her two kids due to an oversight on our part. We forgot to include a separate 864 per person. 

We resubmitted for the kids and were accepted on August 14 but they rejected their I-765 apparently for lack of a proper fee which was wrong as the new fee schedule was not in effect until October, I believe. 

Biometrics were done on October 23rd and my wife's interview was scheduled on November 17th for December 29th. 

The interview went well. They didn't even talk to me or the kids. They just talked to my wife and after 30 minutes the agent told her she was approved. Today we received an update on USCIS online that the cards were being produced. 

All in all, it took a little over 6 months from start to finish. We are beyond happy. We were pleasantly surprised with how nice we were treated at the USCIS facility and the interviewing agent. 

I must say that this process has been one of the most stressful things I have ever done. My wife feels the same. It was totally worth it. We are already planning a trip as soon as we get the cards in the mail. 

To all of you, hang in there. Your interview will happen soon. 

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, IndominusRex said:

as the new fee schedule was not in effect until October, I believe.

It's still not in effect since a federal judge paused the change.

1 hour ago, IndominusRex said:

We resubmitted for the kids and were accepted on August 14 but they rejected their I-765 apparently for lack of a proper fee

As long as the appropriate I-485 fees were submitted then they should have accepted the I-765 forms (and without a fee).

Timeline
7 hours ago, HRQX said:

It's still not in effect since a federal judge paused the change.

As long as the appropriate I-485 fees were submitted then they should have accepted the I-765 forms (and without a fee).

We are not sure what happened but we think they made a mistake. Regardless, we are glad they were approved. Now we need to apply for their SSNs since my wife 765 was never approved and not EAD was sent to her. 

Seems like some people go straight to interview and green card without their EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You must feel on top of the world, and with good reason! :) 

-------

Thread is moved from the main "AOS from WS&T Visas" forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
1 minute ago, TBoneTX said:

You must feel on top of the world, and with good reason! :) 

-------

Thread is moved from the main "AOS from WS&T Visas" forum to the Case Progress subforum.

We do! 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.