Nickolay

Passed the Interview!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi all, 

My fiance passed her interview ! I am so happy!

Got a question tho, on the paper that they gave her, it says that we need to register into one of their websites to see the status of the application, and it is the same one that I used to make the payment, do I need to register again? Do I need to make another payment just to get her passport with visa?

7 hours ago, Nickolay said:

Hi all, 

My fiance passed her interview ! I am so happy!

Got a question tho, on the paper that they gave her, it says that we need to register into one of their websites to see the status of the application, and it is the same one that I used to make the payment, do I need to register again? Do I need to make another payment just to get her passport with visa?

No you don't create another registration. You use the same one that you created for the payment. 

Do not sell your house, car, or property, resign from your job, or make non-refundable flight or other travel arrangements until you have received your immigrant visa and you have checked over the visa to be sure there isn't any spelling errors. If there are any errors, contact the Embassy for further instructions. Keep the "do not open" pouch in the plastic and stowed away in her carryon luggage. Luggage does get lost and without the "do not open" packet it will be a difficult problem for her at immigration once she arrives at her POE.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

No you don't create another registration. You use the same one that you created for the payment. 

Do not sell your house, car, or property, resign from your job, or make non-refundable flight or other travel arrangements until you have received your immigrant visa and you have checked over the visa to be sure there isn't any spelling errors. If there are any errors, contact the Embassy for further instructions. Keep the "do not open" pouch in the plastic and stowed away in her carryon luggage. Luggage does get lost and without the "do not open" packet it will be a difficult problem for her at immigration once she arrives at her POE.  

Thanks. I got some friends that came to the USA with a CR1 this year and they never received that package. The embassy told them that everything is online, have you heard anything about it? 

who is supposed to give her the package? The embassy or where we are picking up the passport?

53 minutes ago, Nickolay said:

Thanks. I got some friends that came to the USA with a CR1 this year and they never received that package. The embassy told them that everything is online, have you heard anything about it? 

who is supposed to give her the package? The embassy or where we are picking up the passport?

Don't confuse the process for a CR-1/IR-1 and your K-1. They are different with different processes. Do you have a copy of your P3 letter? There you will find the instructions as to how to receive your visa. Also, you may have been given a sheet of paper at the end of the interview with similar instructions. 

This is what stated in the P3 letter that I have. 

•passports with visas will be returned to you by mail. Processing and mailing time will take approximately one week, so please allow enough time before your intended date of departure.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Don't confuse the process for a CR-1/IR-1 and your K-1. They are different with different processes. Do you have a copy of your P3 letter? There you will find the instructions as to how to receive your visa. Also, you may have been given a sheet of paper at the end of the interview with similar instructions. 

This is what stated in the P3 letter that I have. 

•passports with visas will be returned to you by mail. Processing and mailing time will take approximately one week, so please allow enough time before your intended date of departure.

I did double check both the P3 letter and the doc she received at the end of the interview, but there is NO word about the package that she is supposed to bring to the USA. Can it be that now the US embassy is sending everything over the internet?

9 hours ago, Nickolay said:

I did double check both the P3 letter and the doc she received at the end of the interview, but there is NO word about the package that she is supposed to bring to the USA. Can it be that now the US embassy is sending everything over the internet?

Looking on the Armenian embassy website for this information I found this:

If your visa has been approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.  Carefully review the information on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on travel.state.gov to learn what to do when you receive your visa, entering the United States, and other important information.

I had to hunt for this information which I rarely do to answer someone's question.  So, we need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Looking on the Armenian embassy website for this information I found this:

If your visa has been approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.  Carefully review the information on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on travel.state.gov to learn what to do when you receive your visa, entering the United States, and other important information.

I had to hunt for this information which I rarely do to answer someone's question.  So, we need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Thanks for looking for the info! I did how you told me so and the information should be visible now.

One last question, none of us has any diseases, any criminal records, any debts or any problem with the governments. What are the chances that she might be denied entry into the USA? We are so close to each other that we are anxious to make a mistake now. 

1 hour ago, Nickolay said:

Thanks for looking for the info! I did how you told me so and the information should be visible now.

One last question, none of us has any diseases, any criminal records, any debts or any problem with the governments. What are the chances that she might be denied entry into the USA? We are so close to each other that we are anxious to make a mistake now. 

If you have a K-1 visa, there is a .00001% chance that she will be denied entry to the country. After all, she has been screened by USCIS and the embassy. Be sure she answers all the questions at immigration when she arrives at her POE. Look the BG in the eyes when answering and do it with confidence. Tell her not to volunteer information unless asked. And "I don't know that answer" is an answer. Immigration at the POE is simple. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If you have a K-1 visa, there is a .00001% chance that she will be denied entry to the country. After all, she has been screened by USCIS and the embassy. Be sure she answers all the questions at immigration when she arrives at her POE. Look the BG in the eyes when answering and do it with confidence. Tell her not to volunteer information unless asked. And "I don't know that answer" is an answer. Immigration at the POE is simple. 

Thanks so much!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.