D + S

Missing Police Certificate (NVC / Brazil)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband and I are gathering the documents we need to send to NVC. Based on where my husband has lived, he will need to send three Brazilian police certificates (one federal one and two state ones (Rio and São Paulo)). However, since he doesn't have a São Paulo ID, he'll have to get this state police certificate in person instead of online. Will NVC only begin reviewing our case once we've submitted all documents or can we submit this second state police certificate later when my husband is able to travel to São Paulo?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, D + S said:

My husband and I are gathering the documents we need to send to NVC. Based on where my husband has lived, he will need to send three Brazilian police certificates (one federal one and two state ones (Rio and São Paulo)). However, since he doesn't have a São Paulo ID, he'll have to get this state police certificate in person instead of online. Will NVC only begin reviewing our case once we've submitted all documents or can we submit this second state police certificate later when my husband is able to travel to São Paulo?

You can submit piece meal but your file wont be document qualified until everything is submitted and reviewed 

YMMV

3 hours ago, D + S said:

He doesn't need a Sao Paulo Stated ID, there's not such thing. In Brazil you just have 1 National ID, the "RG". Period.

I lived in 2 different states too and did everything online.

He can create a account on the POUPA TEMPO too. Using his CPF.

Is he brazilian or is living in Brazil legally?

Edited by Paula&Johnny

Timeline
7 hours ago, Paula&Johnny said:

He doesn't need a Sao Paulo Stated ID, there's not such thing. In Brazil you just have 1 National ID, the "RG". Period.

I lived in 2 different states too and did everything online.

He can create a account on the POUPA TEMPO too. Using his CPF.

Is he brazilian or is living in Brazil legally?

I meant that his RG was not issued in the State of São Paulo (which means he needs to get his São Paulo police certificate in person at Poupa Tempo and can’t get it online). He’s Brazilian. The issue is he’s not currently in Brazil so he’ll need to travel to do this and we’ll lose time waiting until he’s able to travel.

10 hours ago, payxibka said:

You can submit piece meal but your file wont be document qualified until everything is submitted and reviewed 

Thank you! I wasn’t aware of this.

Timeline
10 hours ago, D + S said:

Have only read that people were able to get police certificates online. No need to do it in person. The poster who suggested Poupa Tempo is right:

Para utilização deste serviço, você deve verificar se a sua Carteira de Identidade (RG) foi emitida em São Paulo, pela Secretaria da Segurança Pública - SP. Os Atestados de Antecedentes para portadores de RG de outros estados podem ser requeridos pessoalmente nos Postos do Poupatempo e Postos de Identificação do IIRGD, tendo o documento em mãos.

https://www.ssp.sp.gov.br/servicos/atestado.aspx

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Have only read that people were able to get police certificates online. No need to do it in person. The poster who suggested Poupa Tempo is right:

Para utilização deste serviço, você deve verificar se a sua Carteira de Identidade (RG) foi emitida em São Paulo, pela Secretaria da Segurança Pública - SP. Os Atestados de Antecedentes para portadores de RG de outros estados podem ser requeridos pessoalmente nos Postos do Poupatempo e Postos de Identificação do IIRGD, tendo o documento em mãos.

https://www.ssp.sp.gov.br/servicos/atestado.aspx

This is what we read too. But this says that if you don’t have an RG issued from São Paulo, you have to go personally to Poupa Tempo. I understand “pessoalmente” means in person. That’s our issue. He can’t physically go to Poupa Tempo until the end of January, so we lose two months time. Do you know if there’s a way to get the police certificate from Poupa Tempo online?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, D + S said:

This is what we read too. But this says that if you don’t have an RG issued from São Paulo, you have to go personally to Poupa Tempo. I understand “pessoalmente” means in person. That’s our issue. He can’t physically go to Poupa Tempo until the end of January, so we lose two months time. Do you know if there’s a way to get the police certificate from Poupa Tempo online?

Oh, I see. 
Have you tried looking at their website to see if you can register and do things online?

https://www.poupatempo.sp.gov.br/wps/portal/portalpoupatempo/servicos-online/!ut/p/z1/jZDNCoJQEEafxq0zaom0E_zLTIsS7W5Cw67G1Stq-voJrQQzZzfDOd8wAwRiIFXSFzTpCl4lbOxvRL37jiE7GxsDzbQMPO_dg-GbkoyyBNEUsC1JH4GrrFyOJyXwVCBrfPxROq7zFwCyHB8Bma6YueBfhguEMp5-36VXqaJRIE32zJqsEd_NOM67rm53Ago4DINIOacsEx-8FHBOyXnbQTwloS7DMMbXlvWe_gE2mXI7/dz/d5/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS80TmxFL1o2X05IRDJINEcwTzBKTzkwUUg1SUowQjkwMFIx/#

3 hours ago, D + S said:

I meant that his RG was not issued in the State of São Paulo (which means he needs to get his São Paulo police certificate in person at Poupa Tempo and can’t get it online). He’s Brazilian. The issue is he’s not currently in Brazil so he’ll need to travel to do this and we’ll lose time waiting until he’s able to travel.

Thank you! I wasn’t aware of this.

Try the Poupa tempo or even if he knows someone who lives there ask to try to take this from him. They have like automatic machines too. I suggest him to call the police too and ask for it, because of the pandemic maybe they can open a exception.

Good luck!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Hilde said:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, because his RG was issued in a different state, the website won't let him do this online and requires him to make an in person appointment.

Timeline
1 hour ago, D + S said:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, because his RG was issued in a different state, the website won't let him do this online and requires him to make an in person appointment.

Can you do a "procuração" for someone to go on your behalf?

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all! I wanted to give an update on my question in case it's helpful to anyone else. We ended up submitting a letter to NVC explaining why we couldn't submit the São Paulo police certificate at this point in time and saying that my husband will get one at a later date and bring it to his interview. NVC accepted this and DQ'ed us! His other Brazil police certificates say they're valid for three months, so I'm assuming the São Paulo one will have the same validity. Considering he no longer lives in São Paulo, does the police certificate he takes to the interview need to be valid or can he use it even if the validity period has expired? He's planning to go to Poupa Tempo during a layover in São Paulo at the end of this month, but I'm assuming that by the time he has his interview (because of COVID), the validity will have expired.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.