Gray & Hockey

National Police Check Rejected (Second Time!)

125 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Chanel H. said:

YAY!!! I am super happy for you, I hope you two get your interview soon! That's ridiculous you had to go through the senators over this document and thankfully that's all over for you. We are submitting our documents on Monday and I am hoping that things are sorted at NVC with the AFP certificates.

Good luck to you for speedy resolution and opportunity to move forward expediently!  My wait time was about 68 days but who knows?  Everyone is different.  And, by the way, someone on this thread just posted that their #33 was just rejected!  What’s wrong with the people at NVC?  Aargh! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
19 hours ago, JannaB said:

FYI … on Sept 19, we were DQd by NVC and they accepted AFP check reason code 33!  

6 hours ago, JannaB said:

Oh my goodness!  I don’t blame you for your frustration!  Totally maddening!!  

Tell me your Email address and I’ll share with you what I can.  Make the subject line about this topic so I know it’s not spam.

Meantime, we received the AFP document generated using reason code #33.  The top lines read as follows:  

IMMIGRATION/CITIZENSHIP - AUSTRALIA

Name Check Only

This is to certify there are no disclosable court outcomes against the name of…

NAME born on DATE

Contact your US Senator’s constituent services staffer ASAP.  They’re about the only ones who can call NVC directly and talk to a human being there on your behalf.  One of my US senator’s here in Oregon has been very helpful in this way. 

Best wishes!

Hi JonnaB ,

oh even I am not aware about the personal information can’t be share so my email id has been deleted ,,

Yes every line is same like as your in AFP police report  with code #33 But I got the one in digital form is that the reason behind my rejection or what ? I am not sure how could i send you my rejected police report so that you can have a look and let me know ,,

Do we need to have the hard copy one and scan and submit to NVC ,from May ,12 ,2022 AFP has started giving the digital one too ,,

I am awake like for whole night ,this issue is bothering me a lot :( 

thank you again JonnaB

Timeline

Hi Chanel B ,

Did you get your AFP police report like as JonnaB mentioned ,Could you pls let me know which type you got digital one with code #33 or the hard copy one with code#33 .

thanks in advance ..

Timeline

Thank you so much JonnaB for your kind help 

everything is same like as yours with code #33 i got the digital one which one did you get digital one or hard copy ??As AFP started giving digital on from 12th may 2022 so I thought digital one will work and got that one and submitted to nvc 

everything is same like as your may be the reason behind the rejection might be the digital one ,,

I am not sure how could I send your rejected one hiding all of my information due to the privacy reason ,,

I even can’t upload my documents here I tried before ..

Please Jonna help me out to sort this issue ..I will

As Nvc already took my 140 days due to rejection ,I will tell my husband to contact state senate ASAP …I am not sure if police report got rejected due the reason of digital one ,,

Do we must need to have hard copy one scan it and submit or what ??

Thanks you 

1 hour ago, Anzuu said:

Hi JonnaB ,

oh even I am not aware about the personal information can’t be share so my email id has been deleted ,,

Yes every line is same like as your in AFP police report  with code #33 But I got the one in digital form is that the reason behind my rejection or what ? I am not sure how could i send you my rejected police report so that you can have a look and let me know ,,

Do we need to have the hard copy one and scan and submit to NVC ,from May ,12 ,2022 AFP has started giving the digital one too ,,

I am awake like for whole night ,this issue is bothering me a lot :( 

thank you again JonnaB

I’m not an immigration lawyer and so I don’t know why your AFP reason code #33 was rejected.  If your AFP has the exact same wording as ours, then I think NVC made a mistake. They do sometimes make mistakes, unfortunately!!!

We submitted the AFP digital copy because that’s the only way to submit documents to NVC.  We also ordered a hard paper copy from AFP sent to my husband he must have it to present at the immigration interview eventually. A hard copy of every document scanned and sent to NVC must be presented in person at the interview.

Contact one of your US citizen spouse’s two US Senators from the state in which he lives.  It’s a US Senator not a state senator … they are different.  Each state has two elected US Senator’s who work in the US  Capitol in Washington DC.

I’m truly sorry this is been such a frustrating experience for you. I hope you don’t continue to lose any sleep over it. 

There is nothing I can do to help you sort this out. I am just an American citizen who is married to a foreigner like you. I am trying to help my husband immigrate to the United States.  That’s all.  

6 hours ago, Anzuu said:

Hi Chanel B ,

Did you get your AFP police report like as JonnaB mentioned ,Could you pls let me know which type you got digital one with code #33 or the hard copy one with code#33 .

thanks in advance ..

Anzuu … my experience is applying for an IR1 immigrant visa.  I’m married to a foreign husband over two years.

We needed from AFP both a digital police check AND a hard copy.  The digital one was sent online to NVC.  The hard copy was saved in my husband’s packet of documents he needs to take to his immigration interview at the embassy.  

6 hours ago, Anzuu said:

Hi Chanel B ,

thanks in advance ..

Hi, mine looks like the one JannB is describing. I got a digital one and a hardcopy one. I read somewhere that someone got rejected for not uploading the front AND back of the police certificate. The digital one is just the front, so maybe try scanning in the front and back of the hardcopy one and submitting that? What is the note that NVC sent you with the RFE?

Edited by Chanel H.

Timeline

Thanks so much ChanelB

i do have the same like as JannaB mentioned I don’t know why it got rejected :( I just uploaded digital one to NVC which was sent by AFP, not the hard copy ,,I even called the AFP today they said I got the right one ,currently I am out of Australia ,

I am not sure what to do should I upload the same  one which got rejected along with the scanned hard copy .How long the Australian police report valid for??I got that in July 28 ,

Even I applied for the new one I will get the same one like as before .

I seriously have no idea what to do now ,??

very much frustrated ,,this is the one I got rejected yesterday after 60 day ,,

getting the first one rejected as I choose the wrong code 

F377AEFA-5A44-4BC8-8EB3-9178A4435C4B.jpeg

Timeline

Hi JannaB

Thank you is not enough for you I am getting lots of help from you I exactly submit the same like yours ,I only uploaded the digital one in NVC ,I am not sure May be they dint get the hard copy or reject mine ,,

I am not sure what to do now I even called AFP today they said mine one is correct usually people choose a wrong code so they got rejected ,

Even though I apply the new one i will get the same AFP report as before ,

now I am in dilemma should I resubmit the Same  one along with the scanned hard copy with some notes next to the documents ,

its very frustrating,

my husband is at Oklahoma he is not sure how to contact senator he went through Google and try to contact them ,below is my recently rejected police report ,,isn’t this same like as yours??96693DC5-C384-4720-9F17-8EFE8DD3ACD5.thumb.jpeg.134b5c4f6a97d90b47b03ae077efd175.jpeg96693DC5-C384-4720-9F17-8EFE8DD3ACD5.thumb.jpeg.134b5c4f6a97d90b47b03ae077efd175.jpeg

thanks JannaB

Timeline

My AFP report got rejected on 21sept 

Everything JannaB stated is same like mine ,, I still don’t know why they rejected it ,,

I have upload my rejected Afp report here is yours same like mine ,, nvc rejected my AFP report saying invalid documents and said upload the valid one ,,

thank you 

Edited by Anzuu

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anzuu said:

Thanks so much ChanelB

i do have the same like as JannaB mentioned I don’t know why it got rejected :( I just uploaded digital one to NVC which was sent by AFP, not the hard copy ,,I even called the AFP today they said I got the right one ,currently I am out of Australia ,

I am not sure what to do should I upload the same  one which got rejected along with the scanned hard copy .How long the Australian police report valid for??I got that in July 28 ,

16 minutes ago, Anzuu said:

Hi JannaB

Thank you is not enough for you I am getting lots of help from you I exactly submit the same like yours ,I only uploaded the digital one in NVC ,I am not sure May be they dint get the hard copy or reject mine ,,

I am not sure what to do now I even called AFP today they said mine one is correct usually people choose a wrong code so they got rejected ,

Even though I apply the new one i will get the same AFP report as before ,

now I am in dilemma should I resubmit the Same  one along with the scanned hard copy with some notes next to the documents ,

its very frustrating,

my husband is at Oklahoma he is not sure how to contact senator he went through Google and try to contact them ,below is my recently rejected police report ,,isn’t this same like as yours??96693DC5-C384-4720-9F17-8EFE8DD3ACD5.thumb.jpeg.134b5c4f6a97d90b47b03ae077efd175.jpeg96693DC5-C384-4720-9F17-8EFE8DD3ACD5.thumb.jpeg.134b5c4f6a97d90b47b03ae077efd175.jpeg

thanks JannaB

Timeline

1 hour ago, Anzuu said:

Thanks so much ChanelB

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anzuu said:

Thanks so much ChanelB

24 minutes ago, Anzuu said:

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anzuu said:

Thanks so much ChanelB

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anzuu said:

Thanks so much ChanelB

Edited by Anzuu
Privacy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.