HImissy

about immunization vaccine

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, HImissy said:

hi does any one know how to get a vaccine card, apparently I don't have mine and I am too confused as to what kind of vaccine is needed for the medical exam and how to get it?

Go to the panel doctors website. My husband did his medical with Dr. Mascarenhas and his website listed all the vaccines needed. We made sure my husband had his titer/vaccinations done before the medical.

• 2 weeks later...

It's better to get any needed vaccines from the health unit vs waiting for the medical.  The medical costs are high and many vaccines are free if you don't have immunity.  For instance my tdap and MMR vaccines were free because I hadn't had the tdap in over 10 years and my immunity to measles was off (found out via titre test.)  I also found out I have immunity to chicken pox.  I have chicken pox scars on me but I wanted the titre test (also free btw) just in case. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Try to get the needed vaccines before getting it done at the Medical exam, will save you money. If you get it done at the Medical exam they will charge you USD prices while you could have just got it done for free at a Canadian doctor instead.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Try to get the needed vaccines before getting it done at the Medical exam, will save you money. If you get it done at the Medical exam they will charge you USD prices while you could have just got it done for free at a Canadian doctor instead.

The Montreal clinic charges you in Canadian funds and I doubt any of the clinics on the list charge USD. They are not American clinics but Canadian clinics approved to conduct immigration medicals. But it’s a private clinic so yes it’s more expensive. 35$ for flu vaccine 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

The Montreal clinic charges you in Canadian funds and I doubt any of the clinics on the list charge USD. They are not American clinics but Canadian clinics approved to conduct immigration medicals. But it’s a private clinic so yes it’s more expensive. 35$ for flu vaccine 

Hmm I remember paying USD for mine 2 years ago at Montreal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.