2,962 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, Engineering-rocks said:

Hey there. Yes, it does sound weird to me. If it was me I would either contact USCIS through my local congressman to confirm change of address for all the forms, or just do another info pass appointment to be sure.

Thank you.

I have contacted the congresswoman many times but there was no changes.

2 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

Hey guys, my online status for the 485 changed to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". I'm in Dallas. How long does it usually take for them to schedule you for an interview?

Below is my timeline. please look at my earlier posts with details on interview experience if that helps.

vawa approval - Aug 2019

aos applied - Nov 2019

Ready to be scheduled status - Nov 16

Interview notice - Nov 26

Interview in Dallas FO - Dec 02

Online status updated to card production same day

Good luck to you 👍😊

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I always say wait till you get your interview notice! Or by any chance you happen to know the date...perhaps through your congressperson...then you can go ahead and do it bearing in mind the validity time frame!👍

Sounds good! Thank you ! 😊😊

2 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊. Do you think I should get my medical done meanwhile or should I wait for that? 

I really recommend that you go ahead with getting your medicals done. I just had 5 days between interview notice and interview in Dallas. So please be prepared. If it is over 2 months I think the doctor can re-issue the medical document for a small fee 👍

Just now, PayingForward said:

I really recommend that you go ahead with getting your medicals done. I just had 5 days between interview notice and interview in Dallas. So please be prepared. If it is over 2 months I think the doctor can re-issue the medical document for a small fee 👍

Sorry @Stillwinning!!!😊  about the conflicting opinion 😃😊 Just wanted to share my experience as well

4 minutes ago, PayingForward said:

Below is my timeline. please look at my earlier posts with details on interview experience if that helps.

vawa approval - Aug 2019

aos applied - Nov 2019

Ready to be scheduled status - Nov 16

Interview notice - Nov 26

Interview in Dallas FO - Dec 02

Online status updated to card production same day

Good luck to you 👍😊

That helps, thank you!  I applied for AOS in April 2020. Hopefully, they schedule the interview Soon. 😊

13 minutes ago, PayingForward said:

Sorry @Stillwinning!!!😊  about the conflicting opinion 😃😊 Just wanted to share my experience as well

Oh that's okay every opinion is welcome here and very valuable there's nothing wrong with it just that it doesn't always work out the same for everyone. Sometimes the ready for schedule interview phase last up to six months and even longer...for others perhaps a week or two!💁 

22 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

That helps, thank you!  I applied for AOS in April 2020. Hopefully, they schedule the interview Soon. 😊

Let's say you go ahead and get the Medicals done now and then no interview.. money wasted! But no worries you can always get your money back from @PayingForward😀👍 

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Let's say you go ahead and get the Medicals done now and then no interview.. money wasted! But no worries you can always get your money back from @PayingForward😀👍 

Now that I know priority date I don’t expect interview that early. @Iceman1 you can wait for interview notice 😃😊

1 hour ago, Chei-360 said:

Thank you.

I have contacted the congresswoman many times but there was no changes.

Hi remember that if one Channel is not productive you can always look around for productive alternatives. I did the same and found one of them to be very very helpful. Also you have been very patient I hope it pays off and you get your good news soon be  blessed!👍

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

Hey guys, my online status for the 485 changed to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". I'm in Dallas. How long does it usually take for them to schedule you for an interview?

You have to check your local office timeline.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Thank you very much for the detailed answer, and after having read it thoroughly I stand educated. I’m attaching the copy of the USCIS letter as well.

I filed jointly I-130/485  and the uscis in response thereto called us for an interview in 2018. But due to spousal differences,I requested my attorney to file I-360 instead. Due to a black eye and bruises on my face,I wasn’t able to attend the interview, but my attorney wrote a detailed letter requesting the uscis to hold I-360 in abeyance till the decision of Petition I-360. Thereafter, the online status of I-485 changed to , ``no one appeared for an interview……”. In the meantime.my spouse withdrew petition I-130 and my attorney received the decision to this extent.

After that I renewed my EAD Cat (09)  twice  on the basis of pending I-485 and till the decision of I-360, and the EAD got verified by my employers too without any issue.

In the meantime I noticed that the online status of petition I-485 went back to, “ interview is being scheduled…….”  from , “  No one appear for interview……” as stated earlier

Now after the approval of I-369,I requested the congressman to enquire about the local USCIS office as to the interview scheduling after and got this letter in response which instead of solving, made the matter more complex.  Please help me with my next step.  Thanks

USCIS letter.jpeg

YOUR I-485 was denied, you just need to refile a new AOS.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Yes, you can reapply.  

He asked if he could refile the AOS for example if he  divorced  2 years ago,  and you answered that he can  reapply. Your information is incorrect.A person can file a VAWA petition just within two years of the end of the marriage.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.