Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Congratulations!

How did you receive your packet 3? Did they call you?

Our case status says "READY" since June 4, 2020. Case last updated on October 6, 2020. We haven't gotten any update since then.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 5/24/2021 at 4:52 AM, Rome&Jo said:

Congratulations!

How did you receive your packet 3? Did they call you?

Our case status says "READY" since June 4, 2020. Case last updated on October 6, 2020. We haven't gotten any update since then.

P3 is the letter you should be receiving from the local embassy. It will ask you to send back a few documents in order to schedule for an interview. If you case status says READY it means it was ready for scheduling an interview. I think for some reason you did not receive the P3 letter but you really should and you have like a year to complete that documentation request. I would contact the local embassy to ask what to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 5/5/2021 at 9:36 PM, as1996 said:

Update on our case, our visa application reached the embassy in Nairobi and we've been instructed to prepare and schedule our interview!

There are a few things I'm concerned about:

1.) Is the medical examination only allowed to be scheduled after we have scheduled the general visa interview? 

2.) On the nvc website, in one place it says that vaccinations are not required for issuance of the visa, and that they will be required later on after we have gotten married and we are adjusting the status. But another place on the site it says that the vaccinations are required and that you must take them before you are issued the visa. Which one is it? Do I need the vaccinations to get the visa or not?

3.) Do we need to provide the Affidavit of support at the interview or can I just email the affidavit of support to the embassy?

From what I understood from P3, medical examination is required before the interview. 

There are two versions of Affidavit of support. One is i-864 -- the file when you change your immigration status in the U.S.

Another one is i-134 - to bring to the interview and hand to the officer. Make sure you bring the 2nd one (i134) with you to the interview.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone 

just out of curiosity, is there a different forum or group to know information about the process after you land in USA. 
to start the AOS and EAD process ? 
TIA 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I need some help with Providing evidence of support. We received instructions from the embassy, completed the Ds-160 and scheduled an interview for October  8 at the consulate in Rio De Janeiro more than a week ago. I have not received any instructions on how to complete the providing evidence of support ( I am the sponsor). I need to complete a document , ( i 864), schedule an in person interview to do a bio metric interview, provide info on my income, etc? How do I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by chordtones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.