Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mariabsaibes said:

Hello, my I-129F was received by USCIS on April 24, 2020. So hopefully I will receive news on NOA2 on April 23 since now the processing times is April 20. Right?

And I have another question, my I-129F already expired on November 30, what should I do? 

Thanks for the help.. 

Q1 Those are only guestimates and "your mileage may vary".

Q2 You shouldn't have a concern for the expiration date on your NOA2. Your current NOA2 is valid for four months but can be extended by the discretion of the embassy in four month increments to a one-year total. With the current situation, I see no problem with you being able to proceed to receiving a visa in the NOA2 period of one year. Nothing must be done by you for the extension. When your embassy opens again, they will address this.

The Ireland US Embassy states the following which I believe will hold true for most embassies moving forward.

If the fiancé(e) visa petition expires, you may revalidate the petition with a letter from the petitioner stating that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will do so within 90 days of your arrival in the United States. You should take the letter with you to your visa interview in the future, not mail it or email it to the Embassy. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 12/17/2020 at 3:31 PM, Greenbaum said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKWdxcyD7xEYWgO8g58VPC0_Hc4QZprj/view?usp=sharing

A scanned copy of the I-134 is acceptable for Belarus Embassy interview. Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

The link I sent you is bad. Here is a copy. If you get a better copy and you get an English version, please share with me so I can update my files to help others who will come behind you. Thanks.

Belarus Embassy P3.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On 12/16/2020 at 7:12 PM, Greenbaum said:

I couldn't tell by your post who was the petitioner and who was the beneficiary. Now that I know you're the beneficiary you be receiving the NOA2. The NOA2 is sent to the petitioner, your fiancé. When you complete the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application you can update your mailing address and follow-up with the CO when you have your interview.

@tanman22  Correction as the beneficiary you will NOT receive the NOA2 as that will be snail mailed to the petitioner. I'm glad I could help you. Punch the heart button to let me know that I was helpful. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

test.....

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Bink said:

Hello @Greenbaum, may I please have the P3 for Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)? Thank you in advance.

Here is the P3. Let me know if you were able to download the PDF as I have been of late, having problems with it working.

This is everything that is needed for DR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1agPbgt-fbxjHfLe8h8DvNt7ZSQmDsqHT/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 12/19/2020 at 12:18 PM, Greenbaum said:
  • I have nothing on Qatar but can send you to consulate reviews here https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Qatar. If you get a packet 3 letter from your embassy, please share it with me so I can use it for others. Just PM me on VJ with a scanned PDF file and I'll take it from there. Thanks.
  • I found this link from your embassy's website. It's always good place to go to actually know what is required for your interview. Prepare-for-Your-IV-Interview-1.pdf (usembassy.gov)
  • And here is information from travel state but it is more generic in nature Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fianc(é)e (K-1) (state.gov)
  • Use these tools to search for others from your country:

Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture, there is a link to your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate twelve other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours t
    here are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I were ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members, then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Please consider giving back to the community here on VJ with a copy of the P3 letter that you will eventually receive from the embassy. Thanks, and as always Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Thank you so much!

I will of course share it with you :)

Hello my receipt date is April 24 2020. And today uscis are processing it. If I didn't receive any response, when should I submit an outside normal processing time? After how long? 

Thanks for your reply 

On 12/4/2020 at 11:54 PM, Greenbaum said:

Don't do anything in advance until the case is ready at embassy and the embassy sends you an email to the petitioner to follow these steps for Scheduling interview, Medical exam, police clearance etc.  Usually takes about 2 months to receive.

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ClZRCaQal3op29l-Gk17rk7eNtDCd-sH/view?usp=sharing

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AE/niv.

You should go to your sub-forum website here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/ and here is a recent thread for some who are processing a K-1 and their recent experience (see below).

Also, more info here from your portal http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United

A wealth of information on this thread

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/667916-k1-visa-interview-at-us-embassy-abu-dhabi/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ae/niv

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ae/niv/information/niv

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Arab Emirates&cty=Abu Dhabi

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey.

Just a doubt ; when you mean don’t do anything does it mean till I get my P3? 
it’s been 20 days since we got our NOA2 approval notice, haven’t heard anything from NVC yet. It said wait for 30 days and if we don’t hear anything then we can contact them. 
is this the right thing to do? 
any advice please 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, RishDan said:

Just a doubt ; when you mean don’t do anything does it mean till I get my P3? 
it’s been 20 days since we got our NOA2 approval notice, haven’t heard anything from NVC yet. It said wait for 30 days and if we don’t hear anything then we can contact them. 
is this the right thing to do? 
any advice please 

Thanks 

It takes 30-45 days from NOA2 arrive till the record is received by NVC and another 2-3 weeks before a case is assigned. Don't secure an interview date but you can begin to collect your documents needed from the P3 letter for YOUR embassy. In some ways the letters from different embassies can be the same but some have different requests and various places to report or time limits. So be sure you are working from your embassies P3. For more information reread the PDF file from the first page first post as I authored it to answers these questions that you are asking.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 hours ago, mariabsaibes said:

Hello my receipt date is April 24 2020. And today uscis are processing it. If I didn't receive any response, when should I submit an outside normal processing time? After how long? 

Thanks for your reply 

Please waiting for your reply 

12 hours ago, mariabsaibes said:

Hello, my receipt date is April 24, 2020. And today USCIS are processing it. If I didn't receive any response, when should I submit an outside normal processing time? After how long? 

Thanks for your reply 

33 minutes ago, mariabsaibes said:

Please waiting for your reply 

Go to https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to determine your processing timeline according to where USCIS is currently adjudicating I-129f filings. If you case is outside the current processing time, then you can submit an inquiry. Instructions are on the same page as to how and when to do this.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Go to https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to determine your processing timeline according to where USCIS is currently adjudicating I-129f filings. If you case is outside the current processing time, then you can submit an inquiry. Instructions are on the same page as to how and when to do this.

My I-129F receipt date is April 24 2020. So should I submit an inquiry? 

Screenshot_20201223_174843_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, mariabsaibes said:

My I-129F receipt date is April 24 2020. So should I submit an inquiry? 

After December 24 you can submit your inquiry. You must wait 8 months and so if you add 8 months to your April 24th date then the date you can file the inquiry is December 24th. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/28/2020 at 1:21 AM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2 K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  Contained in the PDF below are many tips, tricks, and hacks to help you navigate your way to your interview.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary. If you are new to this thread, please use the link below to read the information which are answers to the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

•  

Stumbling upon this page -- easily one of the best things that happened to me this year lol 

Extremely grateful, thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.