Sweety sweety

US embassy immigration case update at ceac

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I had IR1 interview on 15 November at US embassy at Doha and the officer refused and handed me a form without asking me for any further requirements and asked me to wait 1 week to get email from them for further update and after 1 week they updated my case in ceac without any email from them .. now what they meant by this ...what should I do further ..is my case totally refused or it’s in administrative process ??B236FB6B-C0BA-40FD-A1D7-29D08D1E3381.thumb.jpeg.2ffa966cf59dc05ae96c0faa6441fb0a.jpeg

11927D7C-7A58-4D80-AE18-6B71F95F2956.jpeg

Edited by Sweety sweety

“Refused” is used on CEAC for everyone who has had an interview but the visa has not yet been issued. The paper you have been given is normal for additional background checks. Did they keep your passport? It sounds to me like you are going through the standard MENA background checks. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
3 hours ago, JFH said:

“Refused” is used on CEAC for everyone who has had an interview but the visa has not yet been issued. The paper you have been given is normal for additional background checks. Did they keep your passport? It sounds to me like you are going through the standard MENA background checks. 

No they did not keep my passport and I’m my nationality is Pakistani ..how would I know what else they require from me .

2 hours ago, designguy said:

What is your nationality?

My nationality is Pakistani 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sweety sweety said:

No they did not keep my passport and I’m my nationality is Pakistani ..how would I know what else they require from me .

My nationality is Pakistani 

Pakistani's general undergo a longer Administrative Processing. The fact that they didnt keep your passport means they dont expect to issue the visa in the short term. Hopefully you havent completed the medical yet

Timeline
1 hour ago, designguy said:

Pakistani's general undergo a longer Administrative Processing. The fact that they didnt keep your passport means they dont expect to issue the visa in the short term. Hopefully you havent completed the medical yet

Yes offcource I did my medical examination before I go to the interview becouse it was the requirement ..and yes I’m Pakistani but I have born and raised in Qatar they didn’t ask me to provide to them police clearance of Pakistan as the Qatar PCC was enough becouse it was since my birth date till now .

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sweety sweety said:

Yes offcource I did my medical examination before I go to the interview becouse it was the requirement ..and yes I’m Pakistani but I have born and raised in Qatar they didn’t ask me to provide to them police clearance of Pakistan as the Qatar PCC was enough becouse it was since my birth date till now .

They never ask for PC from Pakistan as its worthless. Its often suggested for Pakistani citizen not to do the medical because of the long AP times which end up resulting in the medical expiring before the visa would be issued. While the fact you were born and raised in Qatar may work in your favor its unknown exactly how long the AP will take. At this point just keep checking for correspondence from the Consulate because they will request your passport back when they are getting ready to issue your visa.

Edited by designguy

Timeline
14 hours ago, designguy said:

They never ask for PC from Pakistan as its worthless. Its often suggested for Pakistani citizen not to do the medical because of the long AP times which end up resulting in the medical expiring before the visa would be issued. While the fact you were born and raised in Qatar may work in your favor its unknown exactly how long the AP will take. At this point just keep checking for correspondence from the Consulate because they will request your passport back when they are getting ready to issue your visa.

Thanx a lot ..let see..hopefully 

Hello, well I'm requesting for a U.S visa not a Canadian visa but I was hoping y'all could help. I got an email stating that my passport will be returned to me for the renewal of my medicals. I went and picked up my international passport and renewed my medicals. I went ahead to submit and they refused to collect my international passport saying it wasn't stated that it should be returned in the email. I'm scared because I've been checking my visa status tracker and it hasn't been updated, it still should refused also known as administrative processing. I have called and sent emails to which I haven't been replied to. My question is was I supposed to submit my passport and if this is going to spoil the process of my visa?
Thank you

Screenshot_20201128-084007.png

Screenshot_20201128-084146.png

Edited by Lanadaya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.