sima12

Reapply for a B2 while having AP?

23 posts in this topic

I need an advice please.

I applied for a B2 visa in June-2019 to visit my family in the US. I was put under Administrative processing since that time with submitting the requested ds 5535 form.

My situation is like this : I am Syrian engineer studying in Germany ( Not a a refugee, Husband also works and we are about to apply for a german pass) 

I have been in the US four times before,  with my kids and husband.

During the interview in June 2019 the consulate asked about my master degree and the  informatics topics I am studying and so on and said we will get back to you in 5 weeks.

Since that date nothing changed not even an update in the date in CEAC. :( 

I am frustrated all I want is to visit my old parents, the kids miss them :(  .

My question:

Do you advice me to reapply for another B2 visa (when the consulates start opening) ? is that ok when I already have an application stucking in AP?  what do you think will happen to the DS5535 form as President Trump issued it.

Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I suppose you could but as you have an application in process seems a bit pointless.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, sima12 said:

I need an advice please.

I applied for a B2 visa in June-2019 to visit my family in the US. I was put under Administrative processing since that time with submitting the requested ds 5535 form.

My situation is like this : I am Syrian engineer studying in Germany ( Not a a refugee, Husband also works and we are about to apply for a german pass) 

I have been in the US four times before,  with my kids and husband.

During the interview in June 2019 the consulate asked about my master degree and the  informatics topics I am studying and so on and said we will get back to you in 5 weeks.

Since that date nothing changed not even an update in the date in CEAC. :( 

I am frustrated all I want is to visit my old parents, the kids miss them :(  .

My question:

Do you advice me to reapply for another B2 visa (when the consulates start opening) ? is that ok when I already have an application stucking in AP?  what do you think will happen to the DS5535 form as President Trump issued it.

Thank you 

If you have some money to spare, yes you can try, but I wouldn’t be that optimistic you would be approved.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

The second application would start your AP over from the beginning (if they denied/cancelled your current application in order to process the second one)...or it would be denied out-right, since no visa can be issued to you until you clear the current AP.

Edited by jan22

1 minute ago, NancyNguyen said:

If you have some money to spare, yes you can try, but I wouldn’t be that optimistic you would be approved.

Thanks for your answer, but what if there is a change in the situation? like if I got the German passport.. can I reapply? As my previous application is attached to my Syrian passport? 
(and yes as a German with an origin of Syria I need to apply normally with an appointment and everything :) ) 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, sima12 said:

Thanks for your answer, but what if there is a change in the situation? like if I got the German passport.. can I reapply? As my previous application is attached to my Syrian passport? 
(and yes as a German with an origin of Syria I need to apply normally with an appointment and everything :) ) 

Not sure how that would make much difference, your visa could than go in either passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, sima12 said:

It can be an advantage for you, but all applications will be linked to you, no matter how many documents you have.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

10 minutes ago, sima12 said:

The new passport does not change your background that is under review during the AP.  Any new visa application will tie back to your current application and show the ongoing AP in your current application.  With a German passport, you might eventually get a visa waiver approval through ESTA, but that system will also show the pending AP and be denied until it is cleared.

IMO, your best path would be to reach out to consulate/embassy and ask the current status.  They may advise that you will have to wait for an answer until normal vIsa processing is resumed, but at least you will have shown your ongoing interest in the visa approval status.

Edited by jan22

2 hours ago, jan22 said:

The new passport does not change your background that is under review during the AP.  Any new visa application will tie back to your current application and show the ongoing AP in your current application.  With a German passport, you might eventually get a visa waiver approval through ESTA, but that system will also show the pending AP and be denied until it is cleared.

IMO, your best path would be to reach out to consulate/embassy and ask the current status.  They may advise that you will have to wait for an answer until normal vIsa processing is resumed, but at least you will have shown your ongoing interest in the visa approval status.

Thank you for your reply, I have reached the consulate many times but always the same answer "Still Processing" .. I dont know whether its a good idea to ask them about a new application .. I will see. thank you again

9 hours ago, jan22 said:

With a German passport, you might eventually get a visa waiver approval through ESTA

Don't know when is the last time OP was in Syria, but ESTA application also asks for "Yes" or "No" answer to the following question: "Have you traveled to, or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?"

6 hours ago, HRQX said:

Don't know when is the last time OP was in Syria, but ESTA application also asks for "Yes" or "No" answer to the following question: "Have you traveled to, or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?"

Actually it is not only about traveling, If you have another passport of one of these countries you dont qualify for ESTA:

Additionally, nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to, or been present in, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and/or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the VWP. Dual nationals of VWP countries and Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Sudan are also no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the VWP.

15 hours ago, sima12 said:

Actually it is not only about traveling, If you have another passport of one of these countries you dont qualify for ESTA:

Additionally, nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to, or been present in, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and/or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the VWP. Dual nationals of VWP countries and Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Sudan are also no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the VWP.

Which is why I said "eventually"...things can change, who knows?

Timeline

Consulate is there to process applications, they do not provide legal advice.

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Consulate is there to process applications, they do not provide legal advice.

I just opened the visa waiting time website and I found that in Berlin the waiting times are 11 business days for visitors visa..

what does that mean? They are accepting  normal appointments rather than emergency ones?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.