34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for posting the updates in this thread. We recently had our 485+130 interview (Dec 1st 2020) and were told that the case will be approved, didn't mention when exactly though.

I was worried when I didn't get any online update if something got messed up, but looking at this thread it seems majority of people do not get immediate updates online and probably takes around 5-7 business days.. so going to wait for a week or two before calling USCIS.

We had our interview last week and havent heard anything yet. It is nerve racking to wait because you do second guess things. I am just hoping I received something soon.  A friend asked me to call the field office to see if the IO needed any other documents from us. But I am scared to do that because I dont want to be penalized.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Totally can relate to your feelings. I’m sure it will be fine. Did you get a verbal confirmation or a que from your officer? If yes, and it has been more than 5 business days go ahead and call.

It took 4 business days for in our case for status to be updated online though we got verbal confirmation the officer that he will be approving the case.

As for being penalized, I don’t think it will be ever that drastic, just make sure that there has been some reasonable time before calling. Maybe first call the USCIS general line? And try getting a tier 2 officer , before going the Field office route.

you can also book an info pass appointment to meet with someone in your field office, in the worst case (probably less than 5% cases) , if it gets delayed for more than 2-3 weeks.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, Ar77668 said:

Totally can relate to your feelings. I’m sure it will be fine. Did you get a verbal confirmation or a que from your officer? If yes, and it has been more than 5 business days go ahead and call.

It took 4 business days for in our case for status to be updated online though we got verbal confirmation the officer that he will be approving the case.

As for being penalized, I don’t think it will be ever that drastic, just make sure that there has been some reasonable time before calling. Maybe first call the USCIS general line? And try getting a tier 2 officer , before going the Field office route.

you can also book an info pass appointment to meet with someone in your field office, in the worst case (probably less than 5% cases) , if it gets delayed for more than 2-3 weeks

I know background checks have to be done  but I can’t imagine them taking this long..

I will take your advice and wait a few weeks and give a ring. 

I am hoping I don’t have to call, but if I do what do I say? I’m just checking on my status of my AOS interview? 

I keep hoping to see the USPS informed delivery with a pic of a envelope with the GC in it..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.