tommyesq73

visa for fiancee's child

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello....My fiancee already has her K1 visa in hand and will be in the states next month. In our original application we listed her 6 year old daughter and included her in all the paperwork but we did not ask for a visa on her behalf. At our interview the consulate told us that we had 1 year to get her daugheer the visa...NE1 know what the actually process is? is there a certain form we file?

AOS -K2 Based for 8 year old daughter...wife already has green card in hand and daughter was brought over via join to follow - K1.

11/04/08 - I485 sent

11/10/08 - NOA rcd

11/26/08 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello....My fiancee already has her K1 visa in hand and will be in the states next month. In our original application we listed her 6 year old daughter and included her in all the paperwork but we did not ask for a visa on her behalf. At our interview the consulate told us that we had 1 year to get her daugheer the visa...NE1 know what the actually process is? is there a certain form we file?

i wrote the thai embassy last week with this same question regarding my fiance's daughter. they said to simply start from the packet 3 point. mail the embassy what packet 3 says to immediately mail and then start getting the paperwork taken care of (medical, police records, affidavit of support, ... )

hope this helps.

you may want to write the embassy. they were very helpful. they included the packet 3 checklist and all of the forms in the emai too.

good luck

dvd

Since she's still there she should take her child thru the process for sure. VERY HARD to do long distance.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

thanks for the replies...my question kind of answered itself today when the colombian embassy sent us a packet 3 instructing us to schedule an appoitnment and med exams etc when we are ready. Hope this helps others in the same scenario.

AOS -K2 Based for 8 year old daughter...wife already has green card in hand and daughter was brought over via join to follow - K1.

11/04/08 - I485 sent

11/10/08 - NOA rcd

11/26/08 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
thanks for the replies...my question kind of answered itself today when the colombian embassy sent us a packet 3 instructing us to schedule an appoitnment and med exams etc when we are ready. Hope this helps others in the same scenario.

My fiance's daughter is 19 and lives in a refugee camp in Ghana. I've included her in my paperwork for the I-129f but I thougt I read somewhere that all applicants would have to be at the interview, which would not be possible for her. Does anyone know if she can apply in the country where's currently located or will she have to travel to Liberia for the packet3 steps within the year following her fathers visa approval? We haven't gotten that far yet but this conversation will help me when I get to this point.

Thanks

5/1/2007 ~ NOA1

8/22/2007 ~ RFE

9/10/2007 ~ NOA2 APPROVED!!

10/15/2007 ~ Arrived at NVC

10/17/2007 ~ Left NVC

11/6/2007 ~ Interview APPROVED!!

11/19/2007 ~ Arrive in US!

12/08/2007 ~ Married!!

You should definitely get the K-2 visa for your fiancee's child, while she is still in the country. It is so much easier that way. You can contact the embassy by email for specific instructions and include embassy case number. You should postpone her flight until both of them can come together. Remember that your fiancee's visa is good for six months, so rescheduling a flight should not be a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
You should definitely get the K-2 visa for your fiancee's child, while she is still in the country. It is so much easier that way. You can contact the embassy by email for specific instructions and include embassy case number. You should postpone her flight until both of them can come together. Remember that your fiancee's visa is good for six months, so rescheduling a flight should not be a problem.

The thing is they are in TWO diiferent countries in Africa and she does not have the funds to travle. So my question is 1) will her not being able to attend the interview with her father cause a problem for either one of them and 2) would she be able to have the interview in the country she is in or will she have to travel back to Liberia to have her interview even after her father has left for the States?

5/1/2007 ~ NOA1

8/22/2007 ~ RFE

9/10/2007 ~ NOA2 APPROVED!!

10/15/2007 ~ Arrived at NVC

10/17/2007 ~ Left NVC

11/6/2007 ~ Interview APPROVED!!

11/19/2007 ~ Arrive in US!

12/08/2007 ~ Married!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.