Kasavoka

Expedite request for I-130

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I called them and told them that their website says they transfer to make things faster. The girl on the other end kept giving me a generic reply like "it's being processed and you will get a notification". I said yes but it could take a year or more, while similar petitions in other service centers are taking 6 months. Why do I have to wait 7-8 months more to have my petition reviewed. Why did my case transfer from a low wait center to a long wait center. At least give me a reason. They don't have a reason, it's just random. Making someone wait an extra 9-10 months makes no sense. This stuff can be adjudicated within 2-3 months. 

People in Canada started protesting wait times of a year and the immigration Minister expedited spousal visas. Until we get some kind of push from the people, they will continue down this path. I hate that some people here think it's okay to wait that long. They just say "just wait, it's normal processing".

NO!  It's not lol. Stop making it seem like it's normal and they are working tirelessly. Its policies that can be changed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

There’s also a pretty good chance they shifted it due to recent layoffs of thousands of staff.. 

You’re lucky they took your call given you’ve only been processing for 6 month. 

They haven't layed anyone off. In fact, there has been a significant decline in petitions because of covid and Trump policies. If anything, things should speed up not slow down. Why wouldn't they take her call? Op paid for the service doesn't she have a right to ask about it? 

39 minutes ago, Ikhan said:

I called them and told them that their website says they transfer to make things faster. The girl on the other end kept giving me a generic reply like "it's being processed and you will get a notification". I said yes but it could take a year or more, while similar petitions in other service centers are taking 6 months. Why do I have to wait 7-8 months more to have my petition reviewed. Why did my case transfer from a low wait center to a long wait center. At least give me a reason. They don't have a reason, it's just random. Making someone wait an extra 9-10 months makes no sense. This stuff can be adjudicated within 2-3 months. 

People in Canada started protesting wait times of a year and the immigration Minister expedited spousal visas. Until we get some kind of push from the people, they will continue down this path. I hate that some people here think it's okay to wait that long. They just say "just wait, it's normal processing".

NO!  It's not lol. Stop making it seem like it's normal and they are working tirelessly. Its policies that can be changed 

It’s hard and depressing to be separated for this long. I can’t imagine how we’ll feel if it takes 2 years. Maybe things will change after the election. Don’t mean to bring up politics but 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ikhan said:

This is just a customer service rep, they can just give you the info they see, how this is handled is beyond their reach.

It's unfortunately something you'll probably never get a rational answer for, it's just always been that way.

This is not Canada, but you can maybe try applying there.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:49 PM, Kasavoka said:

It’s hard and depressing to be separated for this long. I can’t imagine how we’ll feel if it takes 2 years. Maybe things will change after the election. Don’t mean to bring up politics but 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Yeah it sucks, it varies by country too, I''ll probably wait over a year for an interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.