Steeleballz

‘Digital blackface’: Twitter takes down fake accounts claiming to be Black Trump supporters

20 posts in this topic

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) — Several fake Twitter accounts posing as Black supporters of President Donald Trump have been popping up recently, gaining tremendous traction and then disappearing.

It’s being called “digital black face,” and Twitter has already taken down a network of those fake accounts.

A Twitter spokesperson told CNN the accounts violated rules against platform manipulation and spam. Those rules ban users from tweeting to “artificially amplify or suppress information.”

https://kdvr.com/news/digital-blackface-twitter-takes-down-fake-accounts-claiming-to-be-black-trump-supporters/

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Just now, Ban Hammer said:

th?id=OIP.6sekhFIGFaTS8Iugoi68DwHaEJ&pid

Nope, it's the Americans. The meme is akin to burying your head in the sand. They do know who made these accounts.

Might I suggest that the time has come to leave fake news and the grievance machine behind and actually do something to attract real supporters from demographics that your party is under represented in. Do that and don't really need the fake ones.

3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Your alternate facts are no longer working. You can only blame twitter for so long. Fake news is not Twitter's problem. It's yours.

You posted this.. maybe you can explain why this is news. I haven't the foggiest on what your rant here is about either. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

3 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

You posted this.. maybe you can explain why this is news. I haven't the foggiest on what your rant here is about either. 

You are the one with 10X logic.  If you don't get it, it's not up to me to explain it to you. Trust me, if you click on the link, it is from a legitimate news source. 

Perhaps  the reason you see fake accounts of minorities supporting Trump on Twitter, is because the reality plays out more like this:

wewtfk2hq2751.jpg

15 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

You are the one with 10X logic.  If you don't get it, it's not up to me to explain it to you. Trust me, if you click on the link, it is from a legitimate news source. 

Perhaps  the reason you see fake accounts of minorities supporting Trump on Twitter, is because the reality plays out more like this:

wewtfk2hq2751.jpg

I never said anything about a source. I asked why this is news. You posted it, weird how you're having trouble with basic questions. 

But, at least this time you sort of gave relevant information that this news means Trump has no black supporters. 

So it begs the same question but with relevant context of what "several" is on a platform with over 300 million people. I don't doubt Twitter bans fake accounts in general that game their system, this is nothing out of the ordinary... how is "several" on a platform that size meaningful? 🤔

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Nope, it's the Americans. The meme is akin to burying your head in the sand. They do know who made these accounts.

Might I suggest that the time has come to leave fake news and the grievance machine behind and actually do something to attract real supporters from demographics that your party is under represented in. Do that and don't really need the fake ones.

so they know who made the accounts..........strange that your own linked story says........
"At this point, it’s unclear where the fake accounts are coming from. Twitter did not respond to CNN’s request for a total number of accounts suspended. "

not sure what you think my party is, but odds are you're wrong....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

7 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

so they know who made the accounts..........strange that your own linked story says........
"At this point, it’s unclear where the fake accounts are coming from. Twitter did not respond to CNN’s request for a total number of accounts suspended. "

not sure what you think my party is, but odds are you're wrong....

The set up is convenient. You have a mocking meme if people suggest the Russians are behind something, and if people suggest an alternative reason, you have another mocking meme suggesting it must be the Russians.  Do people really have such a hard time dealing with the fact that the big guy has set up a whole alternate reality culture of fake news around himself? It is what it is.  

17 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I never said anything about a source. I asked why this is news. You posted it, weird how you're having trouble with basic questions. 

But, at least this time you sort of gave relevant information that this news means Trump has no black supporters. 

So it begs the same question but with relevant context of what "several" is on a platform with over 300 million people. I don't doubt Twitter bans fake accounts in general that game their system, this is nothing out of the ordinary... how is "several" on a platform that size meaningful? 🤔

It's OK, I don't really get why you post most of the stuff you do either. It is news. There is no requirement that you understand that or that I explain it to you. I don't ask you why any of your Twitter stories are news. I either read it or (more likely) I don't and I move on. If there is no comment, we are not required to post. The forum moves on with or without us.

If you are asking for context that is a different question. Certainly many other  fake accounts are deleted. Start a topic about any of those that you wish. This one in particular happens to be about fake accounts pretending to be black Trump supporters getting deleted. I realize it's an echo chamber, but that doesn't mean everyone is posting here just to affirm your beliefs. You don't have to like the story, and you don't have to believe it. You do have to come up with something better than "explain it to me".

24 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The set up is convenient. You have a mocking meme if people suggest the Russians are behind something, and if people suggest an alternative reason, you have another mocking meme suggesting it must be the Russians.  Do people really have such a hard time dealing with the fact that the big guy has set up a whole alternate reality culture of fake news around himself? It is what it is.  

13 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

It's OK, I don't really get why you post most of the stuff you do either. It is news. There is no requirement that you understand that or that I explain it to you. I don't ask you why any of your Twitter stories are news. I either read it or (more likely) I don't and I move on. If there is no comment, we are not required to post. The forum moves on with or without us.

If you are asking for context that is a different question. Certainly many other  fake accounts are deleted. Start a topic about any of those that you wish. This one in particular happens to be about fake accounts pretending to be black Trump supporters getting deleted. I realize it's an echo chamber, but that doesn't mean everyone is posting here just to affirm your beliefs. You don't have to like the story, and you don't have to believe it. You do have to come up with something better than "explain it to me".

When I asked why this is news, that is asking for context. You gave none in your original post. I'm all for people posting whatever they think is news, it is after all, a "discussion" forum, not a news aggregate where people just cut and paste stories and don't talk. It seems the talking part is where you struggle most. 

Also, I'm all for being challenged on the things I post from Twitter.. I post them for very specific reasons, and there's little question the context they serve as. You were never not allowed to challenge them, you just opted not to, which is no fault or problem of anyone else.

The reason charles posted what he did is because this really isn't "news". There's no information on what "several" is, how meaningful it is, they don't even know where it came from. Yet, you're posting this and going off on tangents as if this means there are no black Trump supporters, thus the image. This follows a pattern exactly like the moronic Russia conspiracies. 😂 The self-indictment of echo chambers and issues with reality are obvious. If you're not around blacks, try being around them, they aren't some monolithic hivemind entity you treat them as.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

28 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

When I asked why this is news, that is asking for context. You gave none in your original post. I'm all for people posting whatever they think is news, it is after all, a "discussion" forum, not a news aggregate where people just cut and paste stories and don't talk. It seems the talking part is where you struggle most. 

Whether or not you think something is "news" is not a requirement to post in the forum and I suggest you don't try to make it one. If you have a specific question next time, feel free to ask it plainly. No one is required to justify to you why we are posting here. We can also discuss what we choose or not. I am familiar with your account histories, and without going into details that will only get removed, suffice it to say I have you on ignore for a reason. That does not preclude having a discussion with you, but from my observations, I don't think really think discussion is your intent. 

Edited by Steeleballz

33 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Whether or not you think something is "news" is not a requirement to post in the forum and I suggest you don't try to make it one. If you have a specific question next time, feel free to ask it plainly. No one is required to justify to you why we are posting here.

No one told you anything about what you can or cannot post, so you can cut out the melodrama. 

We can also discuss what we choose or not. I am familiar with your account histories, and without going into details that will only get removed, suffice it to say I have you on ignore for a reason. That does not preclude having a discussion with you, but from my observations, I don't think really think discussion is your intent. 

You also tell me my word walls aren't worth responding to, I have far more evidence of discussion not being your intent. I also know your account histories, the difference is, it doesn't matter to me, which is why I don't mention it. You on the other hand don't seem capable of handling anyone challenging your viewpoints and make it a consistent theme to divert with personal invective like this. You're likely one generation older than I am, start acting like it. Until then, if you want to respond to my post, do so, but I'm not giving this childishness you're pulling another iota of attention. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

so you're saying the russians are not behind it this time?   the fake news culture has been proven quite often, so you're tilting at windmills on that one.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!