Mylilelar1

Wife denied visa 2 hours ago.

30 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I believe The United States cut back embassy staff on countries of color beginning in 2018. Pretty sure I read that.

Ive heard the same thing in my job working with the various immigration providers.  I guess a lot of insecurities floating around.

Any of the US govt websites are way behind, technology wise.  Ive had issues with almost all the systems Ive dealt with.  If you request your 2019 tax transcripts you could probably have them in a week.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

8 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Ive heard the same thing in my job working with the various immigration providers.  I guess a lot of insecurities floating around.

Any of the US govt websites are way behind, technology wise.  Ive had issues with almost all the systems Ive dealt with.  If you request your 2019 tax transcripts you could probably have them in a week.  

I can get my transcripts in a matter of a minutes as I deal with Turbotax and it's downloaded into my computer. I just hope that after I send these transcripts and spending a considerable amount of money booking my wife for more days in a hotel and with all that comes with that.......that the errors that they found are the end of it and they don't come up with any more! They remind her every time she leaves that she shouldn't, they write her name down in a ledger upon leaving and returning and every time she returns,the hotel security asks for her passport and booking to prove that she's a resident there even though she's been there 28 straight days.

Edited by Mylilelar1
Additional word

17 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

If it were me, and Ill soon be in this situation with how long everything is taking, I would also submit your 2019 tax return.  My opinion when dealing with any government is that you can never submit too much information.

I would too except, you can't just mail random documents into the embassy. You need an accompanying 221g with that specific requested document marked.

15 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I believe The United States cut back embassy staff on countries of color beginning in 2018. Pretty sure I read that.

Do you have a link? USCIS shut down a lot of their departments in different embassies, but there are still 7 open. 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices

China - Beijing Field Office
China - Guangzhou Field Office 
Guatemala - Guatemala City Field Office
Mexico - Mexico City Field Office
Kenya - Nairobi Field Office (Temporarily closed)
India - New Delhi Field Office
El Salvador - San Salvador Field Office

I just looked at London and Sydney US Embassy job opportunities and they're both hiring. To me, it would be a stretch to let go of staff in Nigeria, Mexico, China, and Brazil and not let go people in Ontario and Sydney. If you have a link, I'd sure like to read it.  

55 minutes ago, user555 said:

Do you have a link? USCIS shut down a lot of their departments in different embassies, but there are still 7 open. 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices

China - Beijing Field Office
China - Guangzhou Field Office 
Guatemala - Guatemala City Field Office
Mexico - Mexico City Field Office
Kenya - Nairobi Field Office (Temporarily closed)
India - New Delhi Field Office
El Salvador - San Salvador Field Office

I just looked at London and Sydney US Embassy job opportunities and they're both hiring. To me, it would be a stretch to let go of staff in Nigeria, Mexico, China, and Brazil and not let go people in Ontario and Sydney. If you have a link, I'd sure like to read it.  

Sorry.....I do not.It was 2 years ago I had read somewhere and heard it.

16 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I believe The United States cut back embassy staff on countries of color beginning in 2018. Pretty sure I read that.On one of the few phone calls that I got through, the woman told me that the person that usually consults people on interview dates/questions had not been rehired,the position is open and she's giving it her best shot on the fly.

I personally get frustrated with the website.Yesterday it said go to click on the hyperlink that says "Submitting a 221 (g) courier packet", went there and there is no such link.There was a link that mentioned courier but not the word submission,so after negotiating this for 15 or 20 minutes I finally get to the submission page where you put everything down for the courier that's in your package for them to deliver to the embassy.I consider myself pretty tech savvy as a Realtor but this website is really testing me.I try to take this literally because it's the United States government 

Everyone talks of tax returns to the embassy,but on the letter they gave my wife for the 221(g) it states they want the 2019 IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT of my return from the IRS. It took me only about 20 minutes to create an account,get all the data and package it up. Now perhaps it is just for us as her first try failed at the interview. Just passing this along.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Everyone talks of tax returns to the embassy,but on the letter they gave my wife for the 221(g) it states they want the 2019 IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT of my return from the IRS. It took me only about 20 minutes to create an account,get all the data and package it up. Now perhaps it is just for us as her first try failed at the interview. Just passing this along.

Package up?  You are sending electronically i hope.  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mylilelar said:

I upload all docs to the CEAC site,but she has to have hard copies with her to give to the courier at the 2Go drop site at Mall of Asia in Manila also.

I'm trying to send these out UPS tonight. 

Email and let her print locally if she can.  So much faster

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Package up?  You are sending electronically i hope.  

I tried to send my copy of the original divorce decree electronically  and it was rejected.

It has to have the original stamped seal from the clerks office in the United States. Embossed and such. Real ink. Not a copy of an embossed seal or a copy of real ink.

Perhaps my wife misunderstood the officer at the embassy.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I tried to send my copy of the original divorce decree electronically  and it was rejected.

It has to have the original stamped seal from the clerks office in the United States. Embossed and such. Real ink. Not a copy of an embossed seal or a copy of real ink.

Perhaps my wife misunderstood the officer at the embassy.  

Unless it is something new, my wife only ever had copies of my divorce decrees.  

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Unless it is something new, my wife only ever had copies of my divorce decrees.  

Ya know....I read and hear so much information I am on info overload right now.

Perhaps I am being too cautious here.

If I could confirm that a scan of an original hard copy document would placate the embassy I would do it is a second.

Can't get anyone on the phone. 

Emails not returned with my questions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Ya know....I read and hear so much information I am on info overload right now.

Perhaps I am being too cautious here.

If I could confirm that a scan of an original hard copy document would placate the embassy I would do it is a second.

Can't get anyone on the phone. 

Emails not returned with my questions.

It says here that the Manila embassy requires " your original divorce or annulment/presumptive death court records, and/or death certificate from the country where the celebration or occurrence took place, " (emphasis in original)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

An emailed copy of the tax transcript is fine though: "a photocopy of the sponsor’s most recent IRS transcript"

Timeline
1 hour ago, JonSeattle said:

It says here that the Manila embassy requires " your original divorce or annulment/presumptive death court records, and/or death certificate from the country where the celebration or occurrence took place, " (emphasis in original)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

That checklist item is specifically for the applicant 

YMMV

6 hours ago, payxibka said:

That checklist item is specifically for the applicant 

They give out certified copies of the original document. If they gave out the original they would have nothing on record for any other time in the future. This is why it takes so long for our loved ones to get certified copies. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.