Gelline

CFO sticker for US citizen daughter?

12 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone know if i need to get a CFO sticker for my daughter? She is a dual citizen, US and PH. She is holding a US passport and a Philippine passport and departing from the Philippines the first time. I asked the CFO and they said she needs one. I just want to confirm if anyone has this experience cause what i understand is that this is a requirement for those that have a visa.

Thank uou

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gelline said:

Hi, does anyone know if i need to get a CFO sticker for my daughter? She is a dual citizen, US and PH. She is holding a US passport and a Philippine passport and departing from the Philippines the first time. I asked the CFO and they said she needs one. I just want to confirm if anyone has this experience cause what i understand is that this is a requirement for those that have a visa.

Thank uou

does not need.  Her 🇺🇸 passport is her get out of CFO card.

YMMV

1 hour ago, Gelline said:

Thank uou

Hii, have you received your visa already?

2 hours ago, Gelline said:

Thank uou

I'm slightly confused?  She has a visa???  Where would she be going where she needs a visa?  Her U.S. passport will allow her to go most places without a visa.  If you are going to U.S. she certainly is good to go and CFO has no involvement at all.

I have two daughters with the same situation.  Dual citizens with both passports.  They have traveled to U.S., Hong Kong and New Zealand.  They are U.S. citizens so the U.S. passport allows them to travel to these places without a visa.  Their mom, a Philippines citizen, had to get a visa for U.S. and New Zealand.

Make sure you bring both passports and always give both to the agent.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

I'm slightly confused?  She has a visa???  Where would she be going where she needs a visa?  Her U.S. passport will allow her to go most places without a visa.  If you are going to U.S. she certainly is good to go and CFO has no involvement at all.

I have two daughters with the same situation.  Dual citizens with both passports.  They have traveled to U.S., Hong Kong and New Zealand.  They are U.S. citizens so the U.S. passport allows them to travel to these places without a visa.  Their mom, a Philippines citizen, had to get a visa for U.S. and New Zealand.

She has a US passport. I dont know about the government here theyre kind of confusing sometimes.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gelline said:

Thank uou

3 hours ago, Gelline said:

She has a US passport. I dont know about the government here theyre kind of confusing sometimes.

No the CFO sticker is not needed.   CFO is for exiting Emigrates only (they have a visa) .. which your daughter is not being she is a dual citizen.

When exiting present both passports;  The U.S. passport will exempt her from CFO and the Philippine passport will exempt her from the ECC .

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Gelline said:

Thank uou

If CFO told you she needed a sticker, then this truly shows how much of a scam CFO really is, and they are only there to make money.

Or this is an early Aprils Fools gag.

14 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

When we come out of this pandemic, you will need to double check on the visa requirements for the countries that you will travel too.  Its true in the past that many times a US passport has not needed a visa, however times have changed.  Even the Philippines is considering having US passport holders apply for a visa going forward in the future.  Whether they implement it or not, remains to be seen, but there are many other countries with a similar mindset.  The one thing I keep telling people at the company I work at is to stop thinking like its 2019 when it comes to travel.  The expectation is it will be a whole new ballgame when travel picks up again.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

9 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

When we come out of this pandemic, you will need to double check on the visa requirements for the countries that you will travel too.  Its true in the past that many times a US passport has not needed a visa, however times have changed.  Even the Philippines is considering having US passport holders apply for a visa going forward in the future.  Whether they implement it or not, remains to be seen, but there are many other countries with a similar mindset.  The one thing I keep telling people at the company I work at is to stop thinking like its 2019 when it comes to travel.  The expectation is it will be a whole new ballgame when travel picks up again.  

I know. I had my husband apply for visa so he can come to the philippines and be with us going to the US cause its diffcult to travel with a daughter with just me. The things we had to go through just to get that visa for him to come, its just chaos. But im glad were all done with that. We just have to be patient and just know how deal with how things are going with this pandemic

19 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

If CFO told you she needed a sticker, then this truly shows how much of a scam CFO really is, and they are only there to make money.

Or this is an early Aprils Fools gag.

I know. They tell you different. I dont know who hndles their FB page but they need to be trained more. The information is all over the place and when you try to call them, the line is always on hold and nobody answers

19 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No the CFO sticker is not needed.   CFO is for exiting Emigrates only (they have a visa) .. which your daughter is not being she is a dual citizen.

When exiting present both passports;  The U.S. passport will exempt her from CFO and the Philippine passport will exempt her from the ECC .

Thank you. I confirmed to them and they said she doesnt need it

On 10/7/2020 at 11:21 PM, Gelline said:

I know. They tell you different. I dont know who hndles their FB page but they need to be trained more. The information is all over the place and when you try to call them, the line is always on hold and nobody answers

Thank you. I confirmed to them and they said she doesnt need it

This seems to be a pattern for CFO.  They are there for the money only.  Which confirms my suspicions.

Many years ago I had a Aussie friend living in Cebu, his girlfriend was approved for a tourist visa to Australia.  She was told by whomever she talked to, and actually attended CFO to go visit Australia for a few weeks with my buddy.

I found out much later she was told she needed CFO, and I told him and her they got screwed over and was told a lie.  Well it's a decade later and it seems as if this is still going on.   It's not someone needing to be trained, it systemic that CFO is based in lies and greed and really only there to make money and give people a job. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.