27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We haven't even been apart for 24 hours and I'm already going crazy. I guess being seperated makes meeting again even better, but it still stinks. We still talk online and on the telephone, but nothing beats being together in person. I wish I could just drop everything and be with him, but I know I need to stay here for school and work.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this. I hope things speed up for all of us.

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just hang in there.

It will be all worth it once you get the visa.

Good luck

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yes seperation is stressing me out as well. Chris will be here to visit me in 9 days, we havent seen each other in 3 1/2 months and it has been hell. i dont bother to visit him because afraid of POE problems.

I may try to visit him next month because he has no holidays left. I was hoping to have interview by July but not looking that way.................................frig immigration says abot being fianacially stable..........................the prices of tickets for chris to visit are ridiculous.......................COPS PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH GOD, I NEED A DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.......................HERE'S A QUESTION TO ASK IMMIGRATION, "WHERE THE HELL IS BETTY FORD CLINIC, BECAUSE YOU GUYS DROVE ME TO DRINK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

LATER............MARY LOU

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Don't tell me about it ... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep haven't see christopher since the beginning of April!!!!

It is terrible. And the NOA2 is draggginnng.

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I know that feeling, i remember it even tho my husband has been here with me a year next month. We were seperated by all this for a year and a half, and he even missed his sons birth. Its a crappy feeling to be without your fiance/husband/wife, but you have to remember, it will end soon and you will be together. This is just a temporary break in the road. Good Luck

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

I took my fiance to the airport last night :( . That will be the last time I see him in person until this K-1 stuff is all sorted out. With school and work neither of us have time for a vacation. He made it home safely, but I'm missing him already.

I was wondering which other VJ members are seperated from their loved one(s) throughout their visa processing?

How I can undesratand you :( I have not seen my Fiance 4 months already, and will not see him till November, when all my life here in Kazakhstan will be sorted out and I will have a Fiancee visa in hand :)

We met each other here in Kazakhstan 3 years ago and were together 1 year, and after that he went back to US... 2 years already we see each other 1 time in 4 months... sometimes I went to US and sometimes he came here.... but don't worry about that as all that will be over soon and you will remember all this as a nighmare you will never have again :)

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I(we) cried like a little baby at the airport last time I left my girl. After that experience I vowed to never let it happen again. I quit my job (paid all my bills many months in advance) and will stay with her until we leave together. Dont let societal norms(i.e. money, job) dictate your life and/or love if you can afford it. Jobs are dime a dozen, meeting your soulmate is a once in a lifetime experience. I have felt your pain. Hang in there!!! I worked 6 days a week , sometimes 7, 57 hours to 70 hours a week just to make the time go faster, it helped immensely, both emotionally and obviously, financially.

I'm working between 65-75 hours a week, (all 7 days)....so I can do exactly what you did and (hopefully) join my fiance by the holidays...or at least see him again!!!! I don't think I could stand leaving again though, so if I go, I'm staying till he comes back with me.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Whenever I read stories like this I realize I need to stop complaining! You all are separated from your loved ones for such a long time. I admire the strength that it takes to keep your relationships going through that. That being said, in reading your stories I realize how darn lucky I really am. I get to see my sweetheart once every three weeks. I feel like I would go crazy if I couldn't. I guess the one downside to it is that the leaving everytime really hurts. It just gets worse the more that we do it, although I sure am glad that we get to spend time together.

Just hang in there, we can do it! It won't be long now...or at least that's how I try to think. It keeps me a little more sane!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Timeline

I didnt think i was truly alone without my g/f until i had to goto my brothers wedding in poland (great fun lots of drink) it just wasnt the same without her.

i remember 1 morning waking up and having this dream about her so i rolled over to tell her and she wasnt there. sooo sad for the rest of the day.

if i didnt wear her engagement ring around my neck (on a neclace ) i think i would of probably thrown myself onto the krakow ground. :unsure:

ah well i heard about the h1b visa stuff coming to an end so that made me happy knowing i can see my "very soon-to-be" wife again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am in a similiar situation, I left my fiance on May 9 and I won't see him again until the K1 is finalized. We tell each other many of the statments left by others. When I get sad I tell myself that one day my fiance and I wil have each other without and further goodbyes or time apart. And I know that this journey will be well worth it and one day we will look back on things and laugh...and at the same time separation is hard...we chat every day and talk on the phone and that helps...but its not enough..I try to keep busy and make plans for his arrival..this seems to help me...and I remember that in the end this time will be but a short time in comparision to our long life together..Hang in there....ur not alone here for sure..

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Yeah, it's really hard. In the 2.5 years Neal and I have been seeing each other, we've been lucky enough to never go more than 2 months apart. Since we've filed our K1, we haven't seen each other at all. Last time I saw Neal was March 5 and I've really suffered since then...depression, anxiety, the whole works. Plus it doesn't help that I am trying to plan our wedding at the same time, bit by bit. Just hang in there. I know it's easier said than done, but just try to communicate as much as possible (Neal and I talk on the phone every single day...it's the highlight of my day!) and keep yourself occupied.

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.