Olusola

N-600: USCIS Says on queue to be scheduled for ceremony???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My brother filed his N-600 since 2019 March and after being stuck on "processing" status for a year, then some challenges with us not getting the mail they supposedly sent in June and finally getting them to email the request for initial evidence letter,

we spoke to the USCIS today and the Tier 2  agent said my brother is currently on queue to be scheduled for a ceremony...But we filed the N600 and from what I'm seeing, there's no ceremony for these ones? The agent said they seem to have everything they need on their end.
On September 11 the case status said a request for more evidence was sent but we never received it which was why we called today. But the agent said no letter seems to have been sent at all and that he's not seeing anything generated on his end. 
But he did say that everything looks set and that he is on the queue for a ceremony???

Anyone have any insight or experience with this?

Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 8:46 AM, Olusola said:

My brother filed his N-600 since 2019 March and after being stuck on "processing" status for a year, then some challenges with us not getting the mail they supposedly sent in June and finally getting them to email the request for initial evidence letter,

we spoke to the USCIS today and the Tier 2  agent said my brother is currently on queue to be scheduled for a ceremony...But we filed the N600 and from what I'm seeing, there's no ceremony for these ones? The agent said they seem to have everything they need on their end.
On September 11 the case status said a request for more evidence was sent but we never received it which was why we called today. But the agent said no letter seems to have been sent at all and that he's not seeing anything generated on his end. 
But he did say that everything looks set and that he is on the queue for a ceremony???

There is NO ceremony for N600 like the N400, even though the N400 ceremonies are shortened.

The N600 is just an in person oath, and goodbye.

Edited by NEW CITIZEN

If he is over 14 he is required to give the oath of allegiance when he gets his certificate, otherwise they just give it to him. It is just done at a counter in the FO, no “ceremony” (though my kid got a packet with a flag and a copy of the Declaration of Independence etc that they give at the oath ceremonies)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 11:46 AM, Olusola said:

Did you get any other update?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Adetola said:

Did you get any other update?

Hi, yes, an email came in confirming that he is in line to be scheduled for a ceremony. We just don't know exactly when...

Timeline
Just now, Olusola said:

Hi, yes, an email came in confirming that he is in line to be scheduled for a ceremony. We just don't know exactly when...

I am so happy for you guys congratulations once again still waiting for an update from our end. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adetola said:

I am so happy for you guys congratulations once again still waiting for an update from our end. 

Thank you. I'd advise you to get in contact with them. Are you waiting for a letter or just for processing? 
My brother's case still hasn't updated on his status tracking so the status you're seeing might not even be the current one. For instance, it seems like if your case is just waiting for a date to be sworn in, it may not update until that date is set. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 10/2/2020 at 7:38 PM, Olusola said:

Thank you. I'd advise you to get in contact with them. Are you waiting for a letter or just for processing? 
My brother's case still hasn't updated on his status tracking so the status you're seeing might not even be the current one. For instance, it seems like if your case is just waiting for a date to be sworn in, it may not update until that date is set. 

Hi do you have any update on your case?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Adetola said:

Hi do you have any update on your case?

Hello. Still waiting o...tried calling last week but the call was dropped after waiting over 30 minutes to reach someone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.