21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m adjusting from a K1 visa in Buffalo, NY. I submitted my package July 22 and have received my NOA1’s but nothing at all after that. 

Hoping this thread can act as a gauge for fellow New Yorkers to share their progress and give the rest of us an idea of what the timelines are looking like! 

There is not much information on applications to the Buffalo office, but I know with this pandemic the old timelines are kind of moot. Whether you’re in western ny or anywhere else in the state, please feel free to share, I and hopefully other would definitely appreciate it 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We filed back in May and haven't heard anything. Called multiple times and are just told to wait. There is one case that filed in April who has their working papers and have their green card appointment already but other than them there isn't any real information. If you hear anything let me know!! Good luck

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessica and Tarik said:

We filed back in May and haven't heard anything. Called multiple times and are just told to wait. There is one case that filed in April who has their working papers and have their green card appointment already but other than them there isn't any real information. If you hear anything let me know!! Good luck

I'm hoping to hear something soon. They received my paperwork July 22 and I received my NOA1's August 16. I have been checking with live agents through "Ask Emma" and have been told every time that I have to wait. 

To be waiting since May must be hard, it's only been a couple of months for me and I'm already losing my mind lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I’m waiting for an interview since October last year, so hang in there... That process requires lots of patience. 

Have you guys had your biometrics? 

Edited by MTKus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, MTKus said:

I’m waiting for an interview since October last year, so hang in there... That process requires lots of patience. 

no nothing 

I'm sorry that must be killing you guys, Tarik is going crazy doing nothing all the time

Timeline

No not yet, I'm just impatiently waiting lol October last year? That's crazy

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jessica and Tarik said:

no nothing 

I'm sorry that must be killing you guys, Tarik is going crazy doing nothing all the time

To be honest I was mentally prepared that the NY field office will take a minute. But sheesh... 

It seems like the biometrics notice is usually quick after applying but since they closed due to COVID that’s why you guys probably didn’t have an appointment yet. I believe you should heard anything about that part soon. Stay positive :) 

Edited by MTKus

Timeline
7 hours ago, Briberry said:

No not yet, I'm just impatiently waiting lol October last year? That's crazy

Yeah since last year.🙄 it’s been more than an year since our marriage. It’s crazy how different the processing times are from state to state. But it is what it is. The secret to that waiting game is making sure you occupy yourself a lot so you don’t have much time to think/stress about it lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates for you guys? Nothing for me so far... 

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-944, I-864

AOS package delivered: 07/27

NOA1: 8/17

Biometric appointment notice: 11/2

Biometric appointment: 11/12

EAD approved: 11/18

EAD delivered: 11/28

Timeline

Nothing at all, I called in today and was told (for the millionth time) that I have to wait 90 days from the date the service center reopened. I will be checking the mail and calling in next week if I don't receive a biometrics appointment by then

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Just wanted to check in with this thread to share an update!

I finally got scheduled for a biometrics appointment next week! It took a bit, but the case is finally moving forward. How is everyone else doing?

On 3/7/2021 at 4:23 PM, Briberry said:

Just wanted to check in with this thread to share an update!

I finally got scheduled for a biometrics appointment next week! It took a bit, but the case is finally moving forward. How is everyone else doing?

Wonderful news! I was wondering how you have been. I received my combo card and SSN last week.

From the looks of it, anyone who had their bios done this year seems faster compared to us who did it late last year. Hopefully, you'll get your card within 1-2 weeks :) 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Celebi said:

Wonderful news! I was wondering how you have been. I received my combo card and SSN last week.

From the looks of it, anyone who had their bios done this year seems faster compared to us who did it late last year. Hopefully, you'll get your card within 1-2 weeks :) 

I just did my bio appointment yesterday, but only my i485 updated to fingerprints were taken. Did that happen to you too? I’m really looking forward to my EAD getting processed 

On 3/20/2021 at 9:49 AM, Briberry said:

I just did my bio appointment yesterday, but only my i485 updated to fingerprints were taken. Did that happen to you too? I’m really looking forward to my EAD getting processed 

My I-485 and I-765 updated at the same time. If it doesn't change after the weekend, maybe you can try checking with USCIS on Monday. 

Hopefully it's just a delay. Do keep us updated!

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Timeline
3 hours ago, Celebi said:

My I-485 and I-765 updated at the same time. If it doesn't change after the weekend, maybe you can try checking with USCIS on Monday. 

Hopefully it's just a delay. Do keep us updated!

I’m planning on calling them tomorrow morning. Hopefully I get some good news, I’ll for sure report back once I have an answer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.