52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to pass on bad news, but the Dec 31 from CSC was wrong, but in the wrong way. It was put up too soon. They are starting to process some January now, but still finishing Nov and Dec also. Don't expect much of a change in it in the near future. All TSC petitions are also being forwarded to CSC. I have heard that VSC might start doing some of the TSC/CSC to help balance out, but if so, they will probably just take new cases and still leave us that are pending hanging out to dry. Also, NCS is in about the same boat as CSC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It has not been quite 2 months waiting for NOA2 and I am just starting to go nuts. This is so frustrating.

I try not to get upset seeing VSC fly through and CSC wait and wait. It really sucks to be with CSC.

I really think the Dec 31 was put up in error when it was, that was a huge jump. I just hope things speed up somewhat and soon.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Any news on the transfer of applications from CSC to VSC? I've heard rumors that VSC may be processing all 129's (regardless of location), or just certain types, as type of application is going to be consolidated by office.

Where are you guys hearing these rumors? Is there a secret underground immigration newsletter that I don't know about? If so, it wouldn't be a secret if you said yes, now would it? Ha Ha

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A lot of AOS cases are transferred to CSC too, which might further explain their wait times. :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

CSC is running a bit slow right now for a couple of reasons:

1) Near the end of last year (can't remember exact timing), CSC uncovered a major marriage visa fraud ring, and if I remember correctly there was a staff member involved? Not sure. Stuff slowed down considerably as they cleaned up that mess.

2) CSC has been handling TSC k-1 applications for months now, to shift some of the burden from TSC.

3) compared to VSC, everything looks slow ;)

Keep the faith folks, you will hear something soon! :yes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

They are all out surfing.... :P

We waited for what seemed like forever, NOA1 Nov 14, 2005 NOA2 February 16 2006. :angry: But once it got out of the CSC, I haven't had time to catch my breath. :dance:

My interview is in a week and a half!!!! :whistle:

i hate all those sons-a - %#@!$'s at CSC. i hope before i die i get the opportunity to screw up their lives!

Timeline
Where are you guys hearing these rumors? Is there a secret underground immigration newsletter that I don't know about? If so, it wouldn't be a secret if you said yes, now would it? Ha Ha

Lol, if there is a secret underground I don't know about it ;-) "Rumor" is based in fact, as attourney has received

notice(s) that cases are moving locations. Attourney can't yet confirm that any particular type is being moved to any particular place, though, and I haven't received any notice...yet....

My question, I guess, was in hope of a secret underground that someone could patch into *grin*

1) Near the end of last year (can't remember exact timing), CSC uncovered a major marriage visa fraud ring, and if I remember correctly there was a staff member involved? Not sure. Stuff slowed down considerably as they cleaned up that mess.

If this is true (particularly the discovery of fraud and audit implications), then a shift of everything to VSC could be a positive move !?!

2) CSC has been handling TSC k-1 applications for months now, to shift some of the burden from TSC.

In typical gov't fashion, this makes NO sense.

Edited by Beisbol101

Lol, if there is a secret underground I don't know about it ;-) "Rumor" is based in fact, as attourney has received

notice(s) that cases are moving locations. Attourney can't yet confirm that any particular type is being moved to any particular place, though, and I haven't received any notice...yet....

My question, I guess, was in hope of a secret underground that someone could patch into *grin*

If this is true (particularly the discovery of fraud and audit implications), then a shift of everything to VSC could be a positive move !?!

In typical gov't fashion, this makes NO sense.

Keep positive i got my NOA2 this week and i sent the forms at the end of Jan so fingers crossed our case was the first of many to be put through.

Event Date

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-01-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-03-28

Packet 4 Received : 2006-07-12

Interview Date : 2006-07-28

Date Visa Received : 2006-08-02

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

From my understanding, November in the government is not the end of the year. My mom works for the government, and November is their "January",(weird, but hey its our government,its not suposed to make sence) and when my lawyer looked into things, he told me that in November both TSC and CSC were swarmed with petitions, then TSC transfering everything to CSC didnt help CSC at all.Making the wait even longer than expected. maybe being it is the beginning of the "government year" and the whole visa fraud thing making it even worse for them. who knows. It was confusing when it was first explained to me,tho i get it now. Hope i didnt confuse anyone. :blush:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
From my understanding, November in the government is not the end of the year. My mom works for the government, and November is their "January",(weird, but hey its our government,its not suposed to make sence) and when my lawyer looked into things, he told me that in November both TSC and CSC were swarmed with petitions, then TSC transfering everything to CSC didnt help CSC at all.Making the wait even longer than expected. maybe being it is the beginning of the "government year" and the whole visa fraud thing making it even worse for them. who knows. It was confusing when it was first explained to me,tho i get it now. Hope i didnt confuse anyone. :blush:

October *used* to be the beginning of the year (3Q starts fiscal year)...that is changing in just about every fed govt dept, but no idea if DHS is still on a Oct-Sept year or converted to Jan-Dec year. The downside of the Oct-Sept year for us, is that new regs/policies come out in Oct and in effect in Nov/Dec, and with everyone going out on holiday it can become a mess. My atty had said in Dec/Jan that it was a great time for filing with CSC because of quick turnaround, then a week before we filed said all had slowed down due to TSC/CSC transfers. Wish I had a friend in DHS to get an explanation!

Grrr, sorry for the confusing post, guess it's my way of venting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I totally agree with you, my mom even checked at work and yes it was changed to October now being the beginning of the year for the government tho some people still tell her November, then again its the government, no one knows whats really going on, and indeed with all of the vacation time/holidays it caused alot of delay time for everyone, especially with TSC transfering all the petitions to CSC.

If i was head of Homeland Security, id open a service center in EVERY state, that way filing a K visa would go smoother and faster!!!

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
If i was head of Homeland Security, id open a service center in EVERY state, that way filing a K visa would go smoother and faster!!!

LOL

Well, you probably know by now my work is fed govt, just a few short of 20 years (heh, I'm not really *that* old)...

What a fiasco this would be, more offices for them to fight for control and for no one to have control of! Sure, they could probably process faster, but then they'd probably forget to send out the NOAs!!! :huh:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.