Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raj/Puja said:

Hi my wife had all documents and copies of everything she even had photo album our lawyer prepared all documents that was needed. It’s up to the counselor what they want to see hopefully you get a nice person that interviews you. Luckily and surprisingly they didn’t ask to see anything only asked few questions and was approved..but each case can be different so just be prepared have all documents and copies .. practice questions what they can ask..etc most importantly stay confident. Anyways good luck

Thanks. Could you please say what questions were asked?

4 hours ago, Alex99 said:

Thanks. Could you please say what questions were asked?

I already answered this from prior post. here is what I wrote:

They asked my wife who is petitioner? My job? and how we met... thats all and said congrats you are approved. My wife was surprised the consular didn't ask for pictures or anything else. My wife spoke to few others at the interview they said they were being drilled for 30 minutes. I am so happy it was really Gods grace. Anyways good luck on your interview. 

Hello,

My husband's case approved for expedite due to my medical condition. we received an email from NVC that the case approved for expedite The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.” But no interview email yet it's been over 2 weeks  I checked  the CEAC account - it is showing the case in mumbai ind. and the summary say's the case is currently being reviewed at the u.s embassy/consulate where interview will take place. we have been seeing this summary from 2 weeks now. I called the embassy but no help at all. does anyone have an idea - how long is it going to take? Thank you. 

Maybe I was being optimistic or whatever but after applying in April 2020, I was so ecstatic when the NVC stuff came about. I'm so uneducated when it comes to procedures around CR-1. Then I'm not sure how but I somehow got word that April 2020 being my priority date will mean that my interview will be coming soon. Here I am sitting in my little bubble thinking my husband's interview is about to come soon. Then out of all days, I called NVC today....on our 1st wedding anniversary....and got news that due to the backlog, I may not even get to see my husband till late this year. I've had to cancel my May trip since a few weeks ago as well due to some personal hardships. I'm so heartbroken. From dating to marriage, we've already been long distance for 3 years now and it's just killing me to tell him that we might have to wait until end of this year. 

Please pray that the Mumbai consulate expedite their processes a bit and that we can be together soon. 

That being said, does anyone know which month DQ is currently being interviewed? Compared to a lot of you here, I'm well far behind but I'm posting here hoping my Dec 2020 DQ might get processed soon.

42 minutes ago, Jin Pangliya said:

Maybe I was being optimistic or whatever but after applying in April 2020, I was so ecstatic when the NVC stuff came about. I'm so uneducated when it comes to procedures around CR-1. Then I'm not sure how but I somehow got word that April 2020 being my priority date will mean that my interview will be coming soon. Here I am sitting in my little bubble thinking my husband's interview is about to come soon. Then out of all days, I called NVC today....on our 1st wedding anniversary....and got news that due to the backlog, I may not even get to see my husband till late this year. I've had to cancel my May trip since a few weeks ago as well due to some personal hardships. I'm so heartbroken. From dating to marriage, we've already been long distance for 3 years now and it's just killing me to tell him that we might have to wait until end of this year. 

Please pray that the Mumbai consulate expedite their processes a bit and that we can be together soon. 

That being said, does anyone know which month DQ is currently being interviewed? Compared to a lot of you here, I'm well far behind but I'm posting here hoping my Dec 2020 DQ might get processed soon.

We're at September 2020 DQ. It won't be late this year for you. Stay strong. To everyone else, please keep posting your experiences and updates. It's ok to drop off the page once you've cleared your interview, just post your experience and tips and enjoy your new married life together in America guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife had a open letter of interview. They asked for medical, pcc and affidavit. She can walk in and submit all documents. She did this today. They said we will send you another letter within a week and she has to go back again. Is this normal? This is for IR1

Edited by VJA2020

14 hours ago, mo93 said:

We're at September 2020 DQ. It won't be late this year for you. Stay strong. To everyone else, please keep posting your experiences and updates. It's ok to drop off the page once you've cleared your interview, just post your experience and tips and enjoy your new married life together in America guys.

Your DQ is Sept 2020 or people with DQ Sept 2020 have received interview letter?

Timeline
2 hours ago, rapanda said:

Your DQ is Sept 2020 or people with DQ Sept 2020 have received interview letter?

There have been a few people that have confirmed that they received their interview letter for mid September.  Unless there is a huge backlog between September-December, you have a decent chance of receiving your letter in 2-3months.  You also have to note that NVC isn't going to have a good estimate for your case, it depends on the Mumbai consulate. 

@Katie1993 - Hard to say. It looks like we are in early-mid September DQs for March Interviews. If you are late October, AND THE ASSUMPTION IS that there are not significant backlogs, perhaps you will get an interview letter mid to late March. Really hard to say though because it may have been that June, July, August DQs were not too many due to people unable to get all their documents during the height of COVID. Perhaps people submitted and got DQ'ed in September and October as restrictions eased and the bulk of applicant are during this time. This is obviously a pessimistic view. Optimistically, sure, if the trend is correct, we can start seeing late September/October DQs getting interview letters in March. 

Timeline

Yea thanks for reply , it’s just hard to tell but I am hoping I will get letter because I already resigned from my job and day after tomorrow will be my last day at job .

fingers crossed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.