Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, SukhiAAAAA said:

Correct. NVC limit’s the CR1 & IR1 to Mumbai Only for whole India. 

That's what I thought but they are being really vague about the fact that they started processing already. 

And when I asked NVC they said that the consulate isn't open and not taking interviews which is why I was confused. 

5 hours ago, MANI21 said:

I think next batch of interview letters will come tomorrow. As they came on Jan 11th 19th (18th was MLK day), Jan 26th India's Republic Day. 

Do they come every week?

Here is my understanding, they sent the interview letters till Feb 25 interview date for May 23 DQ. So no one have got the March interview date. 

probably, by next week they will send the interview letters with the March interview dates with the remaining May and some June DQ’s. 

its just and thought. 

3 hours ago, Sindhumots said:

Yes I know, but on their twitter handle it says that they are providing services to emergency based CR1 and IR1. 

All CR1 and IR1 getting the interview letters. It’s called mission critical visa 

Hello All,

Happy New Year!!

I checked that December Visa issuance for IR1/2 + CR1 is very similar to the count of November Visa issuance for IR1/2 + CR1. Around 340. This is great as Dec was a vacation heavy month. Am expecting much larger number now for Jan and beyond. Hope this backlog ends soon and we all get the ILs and visa asap.

Congratulation for whoever has got their ILs. Please share as much info you can to this group e.g. your DQ dates, Medical experience, Interview experiences et al... This group has been super helpful in guiding and easing the tense situations for all of us.

Warm wishes !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mkamal said:

Check this out https://mvt.vercel.app/timeline.html instead google excel sheet (not working anymore). I hope you will find it very helpful as it has many more information. 

For some reason this link is currently down. Hopefully it comes back online soon.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.03.19 AM.png

Edited by hnjoshi
Error message

Timeline
2 hours ago, Anynonmus said:

Any update? 

Timeline website: https://mvt.vercel.app/timeline.html is still down. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Timeline

Hi guys

Let me share with you my interview experience

My interview time was 8:15am
I've reached Consulate around 7:35am
At First point they'll check interview letter/printout & passport. (** They have paid boxes for mobile phones storage)
Second you'll go through security check.
Then they will send you to Counter 1 for token number.
Once you collect the token after showing your interview letter/printout & passport you will be asked to sit in the waiting area for your number to be called.  

When your number is called go to respective counter that is been displayed on the TV display.

At respective counter they will ask you to give them three original documents
1. Passport
2. Birth Certificate (+ if any translation)
3. Original PCC
Once you give them they'll keep them in a folder file and ask few questions like your DOB, who's calling you to US and show you Green card fee paper which you'll get once your visa is approved and then you'll be given Immigrants legal rights paper to go through and same they will tell you to wait for your token number to be called for interview.

One thing which is most important which I forgot to mention above is that whole they collect original 3 documents they will ask you in which language do you prefer interview (I've selected English but later changed to regional Punjabi language)

They have only 5 interview counter operational

Counter 13 & 15 for Punjabi language
Counter 12 for English
Counter 10 & 11 for Marathi/Hindi

Since English language counter is one so there was heavy wait time , I've selected English thinking there will be less people so interview will happen fast after seeing that lady interview officer slow speed , she took 20-30mins per person. Where as Punjabi language counter took max 10-15mins while waiting for my turn punjabi counter was finished so have asked the counter one person to change my interview language to Punjabi within next 5mins they arranged my interview and I've received and approval visa letter. If I've waited for my turn in English then there were 10more people's in front of my token number for interview.

So I suggest you to take interview in regional languages.

Note: One more most important thing make sure to reach consulate asap because they work on FCFS(First Come First Serve) Basis interview token allotment no matter when is your interview timings.

Interview Questions.

1. Oath you'll speak truth.
2. Who's calling you to US
3. Spouse First personal meeting
4. Spouse interest & hobbies.
5. What you like most about Spouse.
6. Your Work Experience.
7. Your Visa approved
8. Mandatory Covid-19 negative report 72hrs you reach US.
9. Green Fee $220

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.